PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport Res

fishing_buddy
06-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Went to Bridgeport Res on 6-21, got on the lake at 8:30, went to the west shore,anchored with 9 other boats caught 2 rainbows all on Inflated Nightcrawlers coated with Trout gravy. :) Every boat had fish on board most in 15 " range, got hot about 12:00 so went up to Twin lakes and camped. PS.don't buy gas at Bridgeport 3.99$ a gallon for regular >:(

fishguts
06-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the report. Gas is a bit pricey the further you get away from the competition.
The last time I was there must have been over 20 years ago, the wife and I broke down in town and had to stay overnight waiting for the car to be fixed. If I recall we walked from the hotel up the street to this burger joint and on the way there was a store that had a freezer on the street that was holding these monster fish that were caught at the res.
Are there still monsters or are they all gone now?
It sure was pretty up there.

Slim
06-25-2006, 05:41 PM
PS.don't *buy gas at Bridgeport 3.99$ a gallon for regular >:(

Heck I'm surprised it isn't $5:00. When the price of gas was $2:20 here they were $2:99 And I though THAT was a high price: Sheesh >:( !!!

Don't get me going, This is a fishin board ;) !!!

That freezer allway has Monster fish, fishguts. It's a tradition, if even I'm just passing through, I HAVE TO STOP to look what's the latest catch in that freezer!!

Slim

troutfan
06-26-2006, 01:52 AM
Went to Bridgeport Res on 6-21, got on the lake at 8:30, went to the west shore,anchored with 9 other boats *caught 2 rainbows all on Inflated Nightcrawlers coated with Trout gravy. :) Every *boat had fish on board most in 15 " range, got hot about 12:00 so went up to Twin lakes and camped. *PS.don't *buy gas at Bridgeport 3.99$ a gallon for regular >:(
Well you learned the lessons all locals have learned about Bridgeport: Don't buy gas there! They are a resort area with a very short season and they take full advantage of it. FYI, Lee Vining is no better, buy your gas in Gardnerville on the north end or Bishop on the south. Sorry you didn't do better on the res. Buckeye Bay is the place to go now. That's where the big boys will be.

Munnster
06-26-2006, 04:00 PM
The freezer is still there. Located in front of Ken's sporting goods. I used to live in Bridgeport and have friends still there. I can relate to those prices!! Watch out for the grocery stores too!!

Fisher-Munn