PDA

View Full Version : Loon Lake 5/24 & 25

Capt.Ken
06-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Although summer is here we had to deal with some crazy weather conditions on the lake. Beware the afternon thunderstorms with hial up to golf ball size. And along with these storms there are usually some pretty big waves. We found fishing conditions to be phenomanal. Water temp was 59-63 degrees. There is a large amount of red fresh water shrimp? in the water at this time. There fore we were using rocket red worm harneses and our #16 blue willowleaf medium flasher. Also transparent firetiger dodger with a black wooly bugger fly trailing. Also had good success with a Dick Nite red sparkle lure. There was a mixed bag of rainbows and browns. Limits were caught every day. Although the fish ranged in the 12 to 16 inch range they all had nice pink meat. Very Tasty.
Capt. Ken

jtk25
06-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Good report Ken, sounds like a blast except for the thunderstorms, I run into those sometimes at Eagle Lake. Keep up the good fishing!!!

LD
06-26-2006, 07:13 AM
I got a report from Loon from a friend who I was going to go with. I was going to try and go somewhere this weekend, but was recovering from oral surgery. There was no way I could fish, cause when I have one on, I am grinning from ear to ear!! ;D ;D
Any way, as soon as he could get 2 lines in, less than 200 ft from the ramp, he hooked up a double, and the catching was steady from there for the next couple of hrs. He was using a threaded worm and watermelon dodger, fishing 1 on top 100 ft back and the down rigger line from 7-12 ft @ 50 ft back, all from the ramp out to the 1st big island on the left and through the area between the 2 islands. Funny thing, he only caught them headed in one direction only, from the ramp to the island, not the reverse direction. I forgot to ask about the wind speed/direction to see if that was a factor.
Well that is all I have, I am headed to Loon next weekend for sure. That is my favorite fishing spot. I just love being there when the sun comes up. It is truly Godís country.
LD