PDA

View Full Version : Pardee 6.21

Irish
06-22-2006, 09:10 AM
Fished Pardee on 6.21 and after my son got off duty, hit the lake at 8:30 a.m. (I know, flatlander time.)
Got the tail end of the early bite and within 15 minutes caught a very nice 16 inch rainbow. Off the lake by 2:00 p.m. and had caught 9 total, 5 bows and 4 Kokes. The kokes were in the 9 to 10 inch range and the bows were only slightly bigger, we released them all.
Once the sun got overhead the bite definitely slowed down. Several LDR’s. and the fish seemed to be schooled up, rather than scattered.

Fished the south side of the Mokelumne River from the mouth to the area where the river turns due east (Grapevine Gulch). The fish were holding between 20 and 30 feet.
Surface temp on the water was 76 degrees. The temp at the bow of my boat was 100°.

The flavor of the day was shoepeg corn with Pro-cure hot pink Anise.
Shoepeg corn with Pro-cure corn sent was second.
Night crawlers were not getting any hits at all. Nor were grubs or power eggs.

I was using a 4” cop car dodger and a black beaded spinner, which worked better than anything else we tried. We were fishing at 80 feet back, which seemed to be the right distance. Just nothing short of a great day. :)

AllFishNoWork
06-22-2006, 11:22 AM
Good to hear you got into some fish Irish. :)

Maz
06-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Great job!!
I am sure this heat will push those fish deeper. I have found that if those fish are schooled up, use a shorter set back so you can make tighter turns on them. This year out there I have been about 10-15 pulls behind the downrigger clip. Glad you got into the fish...
Maz

Irish
06-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Thanks Guys,
This was my first time on the lake and nedless to say I learned a little. Lot more to leran so I'm going back.