PDA

View Full Version : Pine Flat on Fathers day

68merc
06-17-2006, 03:06 AM
I'm going up on Sunday but not untill 4pm or so. I have not been reading the boards in the lase month so I don't know what to expect or where to fish. I'll launch at island park and head to the power lines , trolling to windy gap. How deep in how much water? Plan on using jointed rapalas, needle fish with doger and or flasher/worm. Let me know if there is something else that I should try.

I need for the kids to catch a fish, they have alost a lot in the last month.

Murray

Viking
06-17-2006, 07:51 AM
68Merc.

Lots of limits of trout being caught at about 15'. Don't need any dodgers. Long line 150' behind your downriggers. Best lures are waternelon, frog, or Chrome Apexes, watermelon, frog or orange/silver prism Needlefish, Chrome Kastmasters. One Sniffer has been doing very well using a homemade trolling fly. J-7 Rapalas in shad pattern may work. Vary boat speed to trigger strikes between 1.5-2.5mph. Trout are feeding on shad fairly shallow, even though surface water temps are high.

Best areas lately have between Dear Creek and Lombardos and in the dam area. If you launch at Island Park, turn right and troll about 100 yards offshore to Deer Creek and then to the dam area where it merges with the main lake.

If you go down the trout board, you will a number of recent Pine Flat reports.

Expect fishing to be slower on Sun. with all of the boat/jet ski traffic.

Good luck and hope that this helps the kids catch fish.

Viking

Trapper43
06-17-2006, 04:05 PM
I fished Pine Flat yesterday. The best comb. was a sling blade dodger with a nightcrawler behind. We caught fish at 3 colors in the am then went to 4 colors after noon. We hooked 10 fish landed 9. The middle of the lake straight out from lombardos gave us the most fish. Trolling between 1.7 and 2.0 mph. Hope that helps. Good luck

BigRichClovis
06-17-2006, 06:12 PM
I was out today, I did not get out until 11:30 and it was crazy busy at the ramps. The most boats I have seen in a long time. Fishing was slow so we headed up river to get a way from the traffic. I caught one Bass top linning with a split and a super dupper. We were in very cold water up river so I was surprised to see a bass. Good Luck I think right know best bets would be early moring or late day.

68merc
06-19-2006, 05:53 AM
Well it was not much if a trip but i did loose the bet with my daughter about hte big fish. She taught the only fish, 15.5". She was using a chrome casting spoon on the dr at 24'. We were between Deer creek and the dam at the time.
Not to many watercraft on the lake after 4pm just a little wind.

Ironhead
06-19-2006, 11:37 AM
68merc

Glad you made it out on the lake finally. I know times have been real tough, so sometimes doing the things we really enjoy will take us out of a tailspin.

Stay strong,

Ironhead

JoeTech
06-19-2006, 12:14 PM
Glad you got a chance to fish with your daughter...even though the fishing wasn't that good, I'm sure it meant alot to her and she'll remember those fishing trips for ever. I know I remember.

Joetech