PDA

View Full Version : Topaz today 06-18

troutfan
06-18-2006, 09:45 AM
I went out to Topaz today because I didn't feel like going farther since I was invited to a BBQ for father's day. *I caught twelve, two of which were about two pounds and the others were 12-14". Luckily several of these were lip-hooked and easy to release, I only had to cut off two. *I filleted the trout and they were all orange meat and no parasites. *I caught them at the southwest shore with Crawlers and power eggs. *There were four trucks fishing and three of us left by nine with a nice limit each.

Mad_Russian
06-18-2006, 07:54 PM
Sounds like you did really good there Tony......I'll have to find some time off to get up there and fish Topaz and Bridgeport :)

SierraSkier
06-18-2006, 10:48 PM
I was wondering. Thanks for the report. Did you see anyone catch any of the new Tiger Trout that were planted?

troutfan
06-19-2006, 02:03 AM
I was wondering. *Thanks for the report. *Did you see anyone catch any of the new Tiger Trout that were planted?
They plant fish at Topaz between 7-9 inches so they grow naturally in the lake and since those Tigers were planted this year(March) we'll have to wait till next year to catch those Tigers. All the trout I caught were Rainbows.

troutfan
06-19-2006, 02:33 AM
Sounds like you did really good there Tony......I'll have to find some time off to get up there and fish Topaz and Bridgeport :)
Topaz should be good for a few more weeks, then it will be Bridgeport for the footballs. *Most any weekend will work for me M.R., barring unforeseen circumstances. I'll be going to Eagle next weekend.

MattMan
06-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Troutfan, glad to hear you had a good time at Topaz. I've traveled past Topaz a number of times the last couple of months, but never fished it. *You mentioned four trucks, so I'm wondering if you fished from shore. I may have to give it a shot this summer, but it'll be from the shore. *I'm trying to learn more and more about the eastern Sierras and especially Hyw. 395 from Bishop to the Topaz area. I love it up there. Thanks for the help and thanks for the report.

MC