PDA

View Full Version : Stampede Information?

HookedForLife
06-06-2006, 10:53 PM
I am heading for Stampede Reservoir this Friday through Sunday. I plan to do some trout fishing and probably some kokanee too. Has anyone been up there lately? I will report how I do when I return. Any recent fishing reports and tips will be appreciated!

HookedForLife
06-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Well, I didn't get any tips or information, but went to Stampede anyway and fished Friday evening from 6-8 pm, Saturday morning from 7:30 to 10:30 and Sunday morning from 7:30 to 9:30. Trolled a wedding ring tipped with white corn on leadcore, a countdown black/silver Rapala, and green humdinger with corn and came up empty-handed. I didn't see any action from the other boats fishing either, even the ones using downriggers. I salvaged the fishing trip by catching 5 brown trout in a local creek using black/gold panther martins.

robert_long
06-12-2006, 02:52 PM
When you catch a big brown at the end of the day, you forget how bad the fishing was during the day. Way to go Hooked.

Robert

theRick
06-12-2006, 03:44 PM
* * HFL, you must not have been fishing around us, we hooked 11 kokes on Sat and 7 on Sun in just a few hours. *Nice job on the browns and good luck next time, Rick.

bobby
06-13-2006, 08:23 AM
which local creek di u find the browns?

HookedForLife
06-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Smithneck Creek. *Mostly small browns, but very aggressive!

I don't know what happened at Stampede - I've caught Kokes there before in April, but never fished as late as mid-June.