PDA

View Full Version : JACKSON MEADOWS 6/7-6/8

ziggy95722
06-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Well guys, I had to try JM for the first time in 15 years - just forgot about it . Well I shouldn't have. Hit the water Wed afternoon and had the first fish, a chunky 16" *rainbow, in the boat in 20 min. I had 3 in the box, C&R another half dozen until the last 2 kamikazes had to swallow the hook. All fish were caught in the top 15 feet. Some on crawlers, some on needle fish. Thur. morning was a bit slower. The wind came up and really put the fish OFF the bite. Only 4 fish in 5 hrs. They were cleaning up the campgrounds as I left so all should be open this weekend. Tight lines Zigy

CenCoast_Angler
06-09-2006, 01:46 PM
Yes. The lake next to it is called Milton. It is awesome! Weird regs though, if I remember correctly. Its a trophy fishery.

Also, the Yuba below Milton, off that dirt road is badass. I found a huge hole there with a big waterfall. After catching tons of fat browns we began jumping into the water off the big rock. I saw a brown in there that had to be over 5lbs, easy.
Lots of snakes there too.

PK

Mr_Ed
06-09-2006, 06:19 PM
CCR;

What don't you understand about about barbless & C&R ?

mtnbay
06-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Mr Ed,

I am confused. Where do you get someone didn't follow thw regs? I didn't read anything about anyone ignoring the regs. Just curious.

wolfden
06-11-2006, 07:43 AM
I agree with mtnbay, nothing said about not following or questioning the regs, but back to the report.
I was there Saturday morning at o'dark thirty until high noon and managed 4 decent Rainbows but many more snags and a few missed bites.
Talked to a guy in a boat as he trolled by and he had only managed 2 fish that morning.
Was a decent day but I have had alot better days at Jackson Meadows just didn't seem like the bite was really on like other times I had been there.

Mr_Ed
06-11-2006, 09:00 AM
Sorry guys, that I blew up. I looked at the regs and they have
changed....

Now you can keep fish (under 12" )

It was a C&R Art./ barbless fishery only..... :-[

Ed

CenCoast_Angler
06-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Its all good, guys.
I didn't take any offense to Ed's post. I think it may have read differently than his intentions.

I thought there was a slot limit at Milton, like between 12 and 16 inches or something (in addition to the barbless atrificials rule). Just didn't have the time to check the regs. I left my response kinda vague because I didn't want to give wrong info.

Thanks guys,
PK

littletruckee
06-13-2006, 05:40 AM
No slot limit for Milton.2 fish under 12" single barbless artificial lures or flies.Also no gas motors.Milton is a great fishery that is as challenging as it gets.Definately some big fish in there,but average fish is around 15".Jay

Zucca
06-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Is the launch ramp on the other side of the dam open and useable or must you use the main launch area?

Doctor_Doug
06-13-2006, 03:27 PM
woodcreek ramp will be open this weekend per FS, Pass creek is been open for a few weeks.