PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Lake 6-2-06

duckhuntwater-guy
06-08-2006, 03:30 PM
T C Trout and I got back from Eagle Lake on Sunday June 4th. It was an outstanding trip to say the least. We arrived ThursdayJune 1st at Gallatin Marina around 7 AM we hooked three nice fish weighing in at about 3 to 2lbs in about forty-five minutes. The first two days we fished a lot of dark pattern lures olive and brown leach pattern flies were the hot ticket.

That Friday afternoon we headed to the Cinder Pit’s, we were the only boat fishing in nine to 11 feet of water. The sun came out that afternoon and the bite was on. *8-)We caught and released about 10 to12 fish anywhere from 1 1/2 lbs to 3 lbs right on top of the water not one downrigger used that afternoon. T C Trout had on the biggest fish on that afternoon all of 26-inchs right to the net and popped the lure right at the boat. If you ask T C it was 36-inchs long and weighed 8 lbs.

The hot lure was the “Summer Time Lures” made by my good friend FISHER II. We met FISHER II and Water Dog on the lake Saturday, and Fished with them for two days. The last two-day’s we fished between the youth camp and the Biology Station due to the water warming up. We fished in about 32-feet of water 5-feet to 15-feet down caught several fish in the 2 ˝ to 3 1/2 lbs range the biggest was just under 4 lbs. They were all caught on “Summer Time Lures”. Another great fishing trip at Eagle. I will have some pics posted in the next couple of days.

Topaz_Tom
06-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Great Report!! Sounds like you guys had some fun. I'll be heading up that way on the 17th. How can I get some of those lures?? :o Thanks for the great post. Tom [smiley=angling.gif]

duckhuntwater-guy
06-09-2006, 11:58 AM
Topaz the lure is a homemade lure made by my friend FISHER II. The lure consist of fluorescent orange with red and green dots with a little glitter on it, we slammed the fish with that lure. It looks similar to a rainbow runner. Good luck on your trip. :)

Duckhuntwater-guy

Topaz_Tom
06-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Duckhuntwater-guy, that sounds like some lures we bought at the eagle lake store, we had good success last summer with them. Thanks for the info. We'll let you know how we do. Hopefully they're still biting. Tom [smiley=angling.gif]

duckhuntwater-guy
06-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Good luck. ;D ;D

TCtrout
06-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Great trip up to Eagle, glad you went up with us Duckhuntwater-guy
And so everyone Knows it was at least a 6#er :) :). Talked with FisherII last night and they still want us to go up 4th of July, I told them I have to wait till August . Great write up THANKS

When are the pics coming??

TCtrout

duckhuntwater-guy
06-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Soon!!!!