PDA

View Full Version : Ice House News

highlands
06-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Anyone have any news on Icehouse?

LRM
06-03-2006, 04:48 AM
I was there about 2 weeks ago, and posted. Since then others have posted. Quiet so far. I know this water very well. My guess is that it will become very hot after June 15th.

8-)

GoneCountry
06-04-2006, 06:55 AM
Capt Ken has a report almost once a week. I will be there starting on Fathers Day and for the following week and a half.......Vacation time........Hes right The last 2 weeks of june seem to always be the best. even though you have a moon...The weather seems to be just right........cant wait ..hope to run into some ol freinds as I am there every year at the same time..........

Trout_Terminator
06-04-2006, 04:45 PM
well, this is good news, i will be up there in July, and August sometime!

The_Hardwayz
06-06-2006, 07:04 AM
I fished Ice House yesterday 6/5/06 for zilch :-/. The day was a really nice but it got really hot quick. I trolled, soaked some bait and almost tried some dynamite (j/k). I marked alot of fish in the lake. The fish are pretty deep and I didn't have any down rigger's to get to there depth. I saw some guys in the back of the lake catch 2 fish and that was it for the whole day. Nice day even though no fish.

GW_Extreme
06-06-2006, 07:18 AM
Fished Ice House Sunday 6/4. Trolled from a kayak, what a kick! Only got one to the boat and had a few ldrs. Only set up that got any action was lead core 2 colors watermelon sidekick w/ threaded nightcrawler. No action on rapalas, flashers, grubs. Did see a few fishermen with fish but not limits.

Lake is full and beautiful. Got first sunburn of season. I hope they plant there again soon its one of my favorite campgrounds. I heard there was great action after the plant in May.

GW

PortaBoter
06-06-2006, 09:06 AM
We fished there on Saturday 06/03/06. We wished that we showed up earlier in the day. From about 11 a.m. to noon we got hit several times and hooked up on 3 nice hold-over bows using Rapalas. We only needed to go about 5 feet deep in our trolling pattern. It was really fun. The lake was full and the weather perfect. *

At about noon when all the rave runners and speed boaters started speeding through, the fish went deep. * >:( We had them spotted at about 30 ft. down until 5 pm. We had our fill and left but wonder if they came back up during dusk.

Can't wait for the next trip. I have never been to Union and might try it out next. (We are newbies to the area)

highlands
06-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Thanks guys. I'll probably hit the lake in early late June or early July. I'm pretty familiar with the lake so if there on it should be sweet. Thanks again.

GoneCountry
06-07-2006, 04:53 AM
Ok *guys heres my secret to trolling that lake. Which by the way gives way to mostly planters. There is the rare brown now and then, * OK Luhr Jensen Dave Davis. Those big bulky flashers.........I bring all the different ones too as every year seems to be different so we each put *one one and who ever gets the most, then we all switch to that color. Last year It was chrome.........We have bronze and brass and half half. Then for weight *1 -2 LARGE split shot on the pink rudder......Behind the flasher is about a 15 to 20 inch line leader then a size 4 or 6 hook. Night crawler just enough to cover the hook...say 1 inch,,,,,,,,,,,Then we let them out say 175 to 200 ft out......feel for the flasher action it should be a pulsating feeling.....Fish finder is important as to find the schools...............I WILL BE THERE IN A WEEK AND 3 DAYS for 10 full days of camping and fishing.................Look for us the 3 amigos in a 12 foot Camo Alumnimum with stars. Just me and the boys..............Heck I love it up there. But I am starting to look for one of those lakes where you just bring your suitcase and your tackle.........small cabin and they rent boats ..................... DO THEY exist in California?????

patrick_mcclurg
06-07-2006, 08:11 AM
Hey GoneCountry, you can rent cabins at Eagle Lake. My boss does it every year, but I don't know who to contact. Check it out and do your homework on how to fish that lake. I have never been there, but I hear it is a great lake.

LRM
06-07-2006, 10:17 AM
If anyone is looking for cabins on the lake and rental boats, you might want to try Caples. Last time I was there 2 years ago, I think that both were available.

n2trout
06-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Bucks lake rents both, Silver lake on 88 rents both. Eagle lake in lassen national forest rents both. There are lots of lakes that have lodges and boat rentals. You can either search for info by lake or lodge name on the net or you can spend 20 bucks on this book I have called "Recreaton Lakes of California". It has names, and phone numbers as well as maps on how to get to most lakes in california. It is available in most "large tackle retail stores". You could probably find it online at your favorite bookstore website too. ;)

GoneCountry
06-07-2006, 05:23 PM
This is what I think I am headed for ....Its hard for me to camp as I get older and would like to know where these locations are........Do you think 800 a week would cover boat and cabin.....Provide my own sleeping bags or not.......Kitchen or not..... Just show up with groceries....tackle and clothes for a week. Get the family together same time every year. I already have that book on lakes but mine is outdated by 27 years.......I will research this....By the time I camp gas and boat upkeep Its around 500 for the trip................Thanks