PDA

View Full Version : what a day

crippled
08-17-2008, 06:06 PM
started out with my nephew by going to Tomales Bay at 5am and the only thing we caught was some motor trouble >:(.... blew it up quite nice after working on it all day Saturday and a hundred bucks later :'(!!!!! so we went out to several of ponds in Windsor, a little ways off old redwood highway. the fish where biting...everything else but my bait, couldn't get them to hit once...just not our day at all....since my boat is down I'm going to have to go back to mostly shore fishing again... so does anyone know where i can go hit some shark,rays, halibut,cod or rockfish around tomales, bodega area??? any help would be nice :-?

FishbucketII
08-18-2008, 08:19 AM
What a bummer.... what happened to the motor? think it's got any life left?

Wish I could help you with some spots, I just dont know the salt around here that much.

CDK
08-18-2008, 08:37 AM
so does anyone know where i can go hit some shark,rays, halibut,cod or rockfish around tomales

Fish the bar. Outside is good for perch in the surf. Inside and on the bar ,sharks and rays maybe a butt.
Catch some shiners on the dock. Buy squid and gulp and your good to go. 8-)

crippled
08-18-2008, 05:55 PM
what and where is the bar???

crippled
08-18-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm not sure I'm gonna tear it down this week and see. but i took off the side cover and the cylinders and pistons are pretty scared up. >:( hopefully i can just run a hone through it, but where can i find parts for it...that are decently reasonable :-?

Ugbomb
08-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Screw that area on the weekends! All I have to think of Tomolas and Bodega is (Dump!!!!!!!!). Whew!!! Courtesy flush!! :(

CDK
08-18-2008, 08:14 PM
what and where is the bar???
The sand bar at Dillon that separates the bay from open water.

Redwine
08-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Hey Fish Crippler,

If you're willing to drive up to Mendocino, I will take you to some of my honey-holes off of the rocks.

Just let me know,
Redwine~