PDA

View Full Version : "THE Expert fishermnen"

Slim
05-28-2006, 09:42 PM
"THE Expert fishermen" Surley isn't me thats for sure. I'm not even very good with the camera but I try to have fun anyway...

Went out this evening to throw the line to the rising trout but the only thing I caught was this Osprey catching a trout.... My favorite shot is the one where he shakes the water off...

I did talk with a couple of guys who limited out with power bait from the shore line... Still lots of trout rising the last hr of the day at Lyons...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v12/slim1/Osprey%20trout/?action=view&current=Ospreytrout11.jpg&slideshow=t rue&interval=2

Slim

nightfisher
05-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Great Pictures! Thanks for sharing :)

zinger
05-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Sweet pics man. The very first slide is awesome. He's almost all the way underwater.

zinger

Phisherman44
05-29-2006, 12:03 PM
beautiful sequence..its always cool to see fishing in its most primal form while we try to catch em with firetiger needlefish and chartreuse powerbait

tyeroflies
05-29-2006, 02:49 PM
Very Cool!!!

fishdude76
05-30-2006, 07:55 AM
Thanks for sharing Slim. Those are some nice pics.

I wish I had a camera with me yesterday while at Stampede. I was throwing some lures when I heard a big swoosh. Looked up and a Bald Eagle was chasing another bird around and through the trees. I thought he was gonna get him at first and I was going to get to see it. But the smaller bird out maneuvered the bald eagle and the eagle flew away. But it was awesome watching him chase the other bird for a few minutes. I couldn't believe the wing span on that eagle.

Slim
05-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Thanks for sharing Slim. *Those are some nice pics. *

I wish I had a camera with me yesterday while at Stampede. *I was throwing some lures when I heard a big swoosh. *Looked up and a Bald Eagle was chasing another bird around and through the trees. *I thought he was gonna get him at first and I was going to get to see it. *But the smaller bird out maneuvered the bald eagle and the eagle flew away. *But it was awesome watching him chase the other bird for a few minutes. *I couldn't believe the wing span on that eagle. *

I wish I can share video here.... I took some video of the Osprey dive-bombing the Eagle as the eagle turns upside down to reviel his tallons to protect himself!! This went on till he chased the Eagle away...

I also have a dz photos of the Eagle chasing the Osprey for 10 min when the Osprey had a trout and the Eagle tried to steal it!! But the Osprey out flew the Eagle.
Not very good photo but here the eagle came close to the Osprey.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/slim1/Misc%20pics/EagleOsprey6.jpg

It's quite the Battle almost Daily out there.

Slim

iron-man
05-30-2006, 04:54 PM
Great pics. Alot of strange things happen when we are out and about. You were lucky to have the camera and be ready. I might as well share an experience that a friend of mine and I had at Melones a few years back. We were letting line out on top(frozen shad)getting ready to hook to the D R. I was letting out and looking forward steering the boat when my pole just about got jerked from my hand. Man I thought That I had just hooked the lake record brown, when I turned around to look I had just hooked a great blue heron, no camera. I let it fly around the boat a few times like on a tether then broke it off. Some stories are hard to believe. Keep the camera handy. iron-man

SierraSkier
05-30-2006, 08:15 PM
I wish you could share video, those are amazing shots.

Slim
05-30-2006, 09:15 PM
Just 2 more pics... Slightly better... I'll have to keep going back till I get a decent picture...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/slim1/Misc%20pics/EagleOsprey13.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/slim1/Misc%20pics/Eagle2.jpg

I did go out there again and managed to pick up a 14" Bow and got a few other hits with a wollybugger. The area I was in I couldn't backcast at all so it was hard to get the line out with just a roll cast. Next time I might *throw out some night crawlers on a bobber just for ease. ;) ....

Slim

Empire
05-31-2006, 05:30 AM
Those are great pics! It looks like the birds body was all the way under water, I have never seen a pic like that before.