PDA

View Full Version : San Leandro Shark Fishing??

djbauer
08-13-2008, 02:59 PM
As a kid I used to catch a lot of leopard sharks from the rocks in the back parking lot of the san leandro marina. It has been about 20 years since I have been there and I wanted to take my son fishing for there. Does anyone have any info on the fishing there these days. I can't find any fish reports for the San Leandro Marina and I don't want to drive an hour for nothing.

T_s_dad
08-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Yep, there still there. Summer time at high tide works best. We usually walk towards Hayward about a half mile or so to fish. Lots of bat rays also. Got one about 30 inches a few weeks ago. Of course he is still there. C&R u know.

When I was in high school I caught one a bit larger. It had babies while I was cleaning it. I called the marine biology teacher and got extra credit for a live donation to the class. Ya, that was a few years ago also

Ugbomb
08-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Throw some squid out there. If I were to choose a bait for rays and sharks that would be it. ;)

Dday
08-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Throw some squid out there. If I were to choose a bait for rays and sharks that would be it. ;)

YUP!!! Soak some squid.. Great bait! I even add a chovie on the same hook and toss it out! a little buffet action ;D

shon42073
08-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Theres still plenty of sharks in that area. If you have a boat take a ride over towards san bruno shoals. Alameda rockwall may be a better shore choice. Make sure you hit it during an incoming tide whereever you decide to go.

Ugbomb
08-14-2008, 05:49 PM
To get to the San mateo spot first you have to cross the bridge. As soon as your on the other side of the bay take your first exit which should be foster city blvd. When taking the offramp make your first turn a right then an left. Follow it till you get to the end by the water and make a right. It will look like your in a commercial building lot. Park at the end of the lot and there you are a couple miles of shoreline you can walk. ;)

fishguts
08-15-2008, 08:29 PM
I used to fish there all the time when I lived in S.L. My brother still does and they catch them all the time. He uses mackeral, chovies, squid.

GSW_UNITED
08-16-2008, 10:42 PM
did anyone caught striper in san leandro marina?

MB_Kevin
08-16-2008, 11:39 PM
There is a thread on this on the pier board.

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1218642209