PDA

View Full Version : Pinecrest 5-20-06

mike_d
05-20-2006, 07:16 PM
I fished Pinecrest today, fished from my float tube on the south side from the swim beach to the inlet. Drifted night crawler. I caught 10-12 rainbows but all planters biggest was about 16". Lots of action but no size. Water level was almost full.
I spent about six hours on the water kicking my legs the whole time, so I'm pretty much wiped right now. Not in the shape I used to be.

I did check out the Stanislaus river in Strawberry and it was moving. Still no where near ready to fish.

Slim
05-20-2006, 11:44 PM
I fished Pinecrest today, fished from my float tube on the south side from the swim beach to the inlet. Drifted night crawler. I caught 10-12 rainbows but all planters biggest was about 16". Lots of action but no size. Water level was almost full.
I spent about six hours on the water kicking my legs the whole time, so I'm pretty much wiped right now. Not in the shape I used to be.

I did check out the Stanislaus river in Strawberry and it was moving. Still no where near ready to fish.

Welcome to my backyard ;)... Were there lots of peolpe there? So you didn't catch any of the Bass in there.?(I know there aren't supose to be any Bass) but I think someone that owns one of the cabins there threw some Bass in there a couple of years ago and I caught a few.... Not this year though. Maybe they didn't surving the cold of winter??
That backside of the lake has some nice trout hiding around the rocks. I like to walk around (the south side) with the tube and put in somewhere after crossing over the stairs. Then float to the back side.

Maybe we'll hook up sometime.

Slim

mike_d
05-21-2006, 04:31 AM
Yeah walking half way to backside would have probably been better tubing the whole distance just wore me out.
No bass but I did hook in to one that had my pole bent in half then broke my line before I could see it. It had to be at least a 5 lber. Thats the last time I tie my own hooks.
I go up there a couple times a year, maybe next time we could hook up.
Wasn't too many people out, There were a few boats but everyone was spread out so plenty of room. I did almost get run over by a couple of kids in there daddys boat. Two teenagers no more then 15 had no idea what they were doing. Luckily I watched then from the time they took off from one of the cabins and I could get out of the way, I hid behind one of the rocks until they past.