PDA

View Full Version : Bodega / Timber Cove

THE_TROUTKING
08-15-2008, 07:03 AM
MY buddy and I motor up and fished Fort Ross Reef and fished some other points between up the hill to Timber cove we end up with one Ling at 28 inches one cab at 19 inches a five pound red and a small red and a bunch of nice blacks. On the way up it was a little lumpy between some 6 ft swells and the winded pushed swell at about four seconds it made for a slow ride working the throttle :) we managed about 12 to 14 knots. One the way home we were average about 22 knots. Till we got pulled over by a Sonoma county sheriff boat :o and got boarded it looked like a big coast guard inflatable with a aluminum hull(maybe the coast guard sold it to them ?). There was two sheriff and a coastie. At first they just checked a license and then they check the cooler for about five minutes and asked us three times if the was all the fish we had ::) then they started checking for safety gear. We had everything ;D ;D ;D. Then the coastie said lets get out of hear and you could hear the disappointment in his voice no tickets :):). It was awesome day I will be out Saturday or Sunday again. Its great to see the law out there checking too make sure we aren't doing something we are not spouse too :D
Brian

65whaler
08-15-2008, 12:59 PM
well played brian. ;) i'm always conflicted by these kind of stories. on the one hand i'm glad they're out there keeping things in order ... on the other hand stay the hell away from my boat please.

;D ;D ;D

fish_junky
08-15-2008, 06:06 PM
The last trip I made to Bodega I was sure keeping an eye out for them. Didn't want to run into that red headed game warden and him claim one of my rock fish for a silver. :D ;D

txa7rdul
08-15-2008, 07:24 PM
I will be launching at O.C in the morning to hit my reefs. Good luck!
15' Canadian Crestliner.

triggerfish
08-16-2008, 06:42 AM
*The last trip I made to Bodega I was sure keeping an eye out for them. Didn't want to run into that red headed game warden and him claim one of my rock fish for a silver. *:D ;D
;D ;D ;D That guy is something else! I sure wish that he would join the CHP and get transfered to L.A.! :D