PDA

View Full Version : Berkley

hammerbm
05-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Has anyone tried those new berkley blade dancers? They have a good lookin action, and seem pretty versatile but i havent had the chance to throw one. Im particulary wondering if they are effective for trolling. They have some good lookin patterns too. Let me know if youve heard of anything.

ifish4fun
05-19-2006, 09:53 AM
I tried one at amador a while back pretty good action trolling but did not get any strikes on it. But if i used it more often it would produce.

Trout_Shark
05-19-2006, 10:21 AM
I think Yakmotor was using them on and off. there was even a picture of one on a thread. I don't think they killed at amador, but I bet they would at the right lake. I think you will get better results trolling them, but I bet you could get a few bass tossing them into structure also. Good luck and let us know how they perform for you. ;)

hammerbm
05-19-2006, 10:34 AM
Thats funny....cause im actually hittin amador this weekend. And with that being said i will definetley give them a shot, but do any of you guys have some other suggestions or tips for that lake. My first time out there.

Trout_Shark
05-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Check the mothers day thread, but what sounds like the hot ticket is small silver flashers with a worm or grub. If I get out sun, I want to try the "bare crawler" worked well at these temps last year, I'd give it a shot...and get some power eggs in white and chart to use as "heads" for your grub/worm. Good luck, and feel free to ask anything else , Amador is tough right now, but fishing pressure is light. Hope this helps. Mike.

ifish4fun
05-19-2006, 01:47 PM
That was good advise i used small flashers and worms the 2 times out and did well. i also used just a small spinner with night crawler alone and hooked up. good luck I hoper this helps.