PDA

View Full Version : Wishon 5/13

fresnofshfan
05-15-2006, 10:45 AM
Went up friday night with bro and a buddie. Camped off the side of the road near dinky creek below the bridge. Had beer and soup then it was sleepy time. Woke up at 530 on the water by 7. Beautiful weather!

Fished dodger(sidekick) and crawler for most of the fish. A couple on gold and black rapala. No browns :( We kept 6 and released about 10-15. We had about 20 LDRS.
They were hitting all day but very light. Mabey cause of the full moon??
I wanted to night fish for browns in the moonlight but Im not set up for it ....yet ;).

We left at noon and I was taking a beer nap by 3!

JoeTech
05-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the report, how much snow is around the lake and in campgrounds. Thinking of hitting the lake this weekend, if I dont hit hunington. How deep were the fish? Thanks

Joetech

fresnofshfan
05-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Fish were on top to about 20'. Not much snow left, you wont have a problem finding a spot to camp closer to the lake than we did. Huntington is fishable? Can you launch with 4wd?

JoeTech
05-15-2006, 04:32 PM
FFF - Last time I talked to Mtally he said that the ramp was clear but the water was below the concrete ramp, he also said that it was rising quickly, so probably by this weekend it should be fisable but I'm not sure how good it will be, with lake rising so fast. I'm sure it will get better when it stabalizes

fresnofshfan
05-16-2006, 10:13 AM
Cement ramp is in the water, no prob to launch. No dock yet. If you want nonstop action and some trout for dinner or the smoker, Wishon is on fire. We only fished about 4 hrs .