PDA

View Full Version : Stumpy Meadows Info

Bediver
05-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Has anyone been to Stump Meadows Lake in the last week or so??
Thanks ;D

n2trout
05-11-2006, 05:54 PM
I may fish it in the morning. It's a toss up between there and crystal basiin area. I will let you know how I do if I go. :)

ddmclw
05-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Well my buddy went up there last weekend and didnt catch a thing. They spotted fish on the finder but went bittin nothin. they tried top line downrigged and bait. Nothin was workin. Said that they saw some big fish but couldnt produce a bite. It has been a week and things might have changed. if you go let me know how it went. GOOD LUCK!

Mark_Damron
05-11-2006, 06:49 PM
I fished Stumpy last Sunday with my daughter. We got on the water late,11:00am and fished until 3:30pm. We landed 16 planter size rainbows and some ldr's,sdr's, trolling Sep's 2 inch frog green grubs and watermelon grubs. No dodger,flasher.sidekick.etc... NAKED!!! Small size 6 khale style hooks was the only way to hookup. Anything bigger would'nt stick. 12 to 25 ft. down on the riggers and 50-75 ft. back. 0.8-2 mph on the gps and varying the speed produced strikes. Scented the grubs with Procure nightcrawler. Far end of the lake is where we found the most action with a few double hook-ups. Good luck, PHM

n2trout
05-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks PHM for the report.
That sounds like decent action for a late start. I bet those big fish were some lunker browns. Anyone rip any big swimbaits up there lately?

Trouble
05-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Hi Sniffers,

Thanks for the report Pilot Hill Mark ;).

Hey n2trout, I'm hooked up and going to Stumpy in the morning. If you go I'll see ya there. *I'm gonna try a few swimbaits, etc. Maybe I'll get lucky :)Tam

willbilly
05-12-2006, 05:23 AM
Stumpy has catfish also.

do catfish show up the same on the FF as the trout?