PDA

View Full Version : Lake Chabot Trolling

negativefish
05-09-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm reading all these reports and heard some good things about trolling rapalas. What type of rapalas are being trolled? Any recommendations? Thanks!

fishmaster2020
05-10-2006, 06:58 AM
Ya know I fished all thru the Trout derby and the 2 rapalas and only rapalas mentioned are firetiger and the rainbow trout j7's. But then again would you give up whats working during a derby?

Fish_R_Us
05-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Id vote for some Dave Davis flashers (silver or half-half), a 6-8 ft of 8 lb leader and a red-head Triple Treaser or red-tipped mini Daredevil spoon. Use 1-3 oz of lead to attain proper depth. Troll all along the left side from the Marina all the way past the dam to the furthurest cove way past the dam. Get ready at all the points because we use to get hits there. Maybe do a couple of slow zig-zags around the dam area. Troll around the right side to Honker Bay using broken-back Rebels (rainbow finish) with real trout slime on your Rebel. That is big bass area for sure.

GoneCountry
05-10-2006, 06:58 PM
ya know a couple of weeks ago I trolled the area by racoon with Dave Davis BRONZE and a needlefish behind it. Man was that the ticket.......but then 2 days later it died and went to trolling white and blue kastmasters....Go figure. That lake is a constant puzzle. We are planning to hit it sometime this wek . There hasnt been reports for awhile now

Fish_R_Us
05-11-2006, 08:09 AM
I've had real good sucess with the red head lures. It seems to really piss them off. If all else fails, I'd try a real long leader (8-10 ft) and a small 1-2" piece of dillie worm/nightcrawler. It's sorta tricky for one person to attend to the pole and net at the same time. Takes some practice though.