PDA

View Full Version : union valley res.

troutbitch
05-09-2006, 11:04 AM
hello fellow trout lovers,

getting ready for a trip to union valley and wanted to see if any one has good news for me.

[smiley=angling.gif]

willbilly
05-09-2006, 12:09 PM
look on the mac board. :)

n2trout
05-09-2006, 01:53 PM
I fished it last Friday. One mack on let go with a LDR.
Ton of debris because of snow melt. If you have waders bring them so you can wade in and clear the "mine field" when trailering your boat. There are a ton of fish in the lake and it probably hasn't even had any DFG plants this year. I am sure some of the fish I marked must be hold over rainbows, probably some browns, and I know the bass bite was looking good there on Friday. It looked like they moved into the shallows off the rocky points and creek inlets. Water temp was in the 50's and slowly rising. Noticed more mosquitoes last trip, so I would say a hatch has started. Water clarity is like 10ft or better in areas where debris isn't present. Last I heard the bite had switched from flatlander time to early am hours and early evening hours. I launched from the dam. The ramp at Yellow Jacaket campground was clear but I am not sure if they plowed to the gates and opened the campgrounds or not. You can pretty much time that light afternoon wind to pick up around 1:00pm.
I hope this helps and good luck out there !

fishmaster2020
05-10-2006, 07:03 AM
Did you say theres bass in union valley ???? Thought it was to cold for them there.....What a fishery Trout, Browns, Macs and Bass

n2trout
05-10-2006, 07:18 AM
Yep there is Bass there. I believe its smallmouth or spotted. My brother in-law caught one fishing next to me on shore there a few years ago. Now I have a boat and I talked to a couple guys fishing for bass on Friday. I also talked to a shore angler who was landing bass on my first trip there this year. It is a fantastic lake as are all the crystal basin lakes.
Oh yeah I think there are Kokenee in there too. Capt Ken I believe pulled some out of one of the macs his clients pulled on board.
Happy Fishing !

Rebelflag
05-10-2006, 08:20 AM
Dad went today Ill post as soon as I get the good news ;)