PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport Reservoir 04-30, 05-06

troutfan
04-30-2006, 03:53 PM
I went out to Bridgeport Reservoir with my brother-in-Law and another friend . *We started out trolling Raps and flashers and worms for two hours and not one hit. *We then started stillfishing on the south end and hit the honeyhole. *I ended up with a limit of nice holdovers 1.5 to 4.5 lbs. *All caught on inflated crawlers *in about six feet of water, just east of Buckeye Creek. *I love those Bridegport holdovers they are some great fish! *The West Walker is a chocolate *raging mess and every feeder creek was bigger than I've ever seen them. * The East Walker is running too high for *safe wading but the color is better since they regulate the flow out of Bridgeport.
The Walker River will be great fishing...in September. :o

JoeTech
04-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the report

Troutcoach
04-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Good to hear about Bridgeport being on. I went there for the first time ever back in July. I took my boat, but I had to stop every 5 minutes to untangle the weeds from prop. The fishing was good though.

Jim
04-30-2006, 05:31 PM
Sounds great Troutfan. May have to just take a run down there this week. Yeah, Brigeport hold overs are great

Jim

Mad_Russian
04-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Glad to hear that you did really good there, Tony. Although, I still wish you were at the Baum Lake, fishing was HOT.

troutfan
05-01-2006, 05:28 AM
Glad to hear that you did really good there, Tony. Although, I still wish you were at the Baum Lake, fishing was HOT.
Glad to hear you did well also but it looks like I'll be a bridgeport junkie for the next couple of months. *I saw some beautiful stringers back at the dock. *I did notice that there were more Browns than usual caught also. *Last years stocking of fingerling Browns seems to be paying dividends.

pgfisherman
05-01-2006, 07:25 PM
good to hear about the reservoir. how big were the browns that were coming in?

wolfden
05-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Troutfan

Got any pics
Would love to see them

troutfan
05-02-2006, 01:37 AM
good to hear about the reservoir. *how big were the browns that were coming in?
Most of the browns that I saw were a couple of pounds with one about five pounds. *Sorry no pictures,I'll be going on Friday, hopefully get some for you then.

MattMan
05-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Troutfan,
Sounds like a great time. And you're right about the West Walker...fast and muddy. Hey, I remember you saying you were going to Bridgeport Res, me and my girlfriend Emily stopped by the lake on Saturday, post a picture of your boat so next time I'll be able to say hello. ;)

MC

troutfan
05-04-2006, 01:26 AM
Troutfan,
Sounds like a great time. And you're right about the West Walker...fast and muddy. Hey, I remember you saying you were going to Bridgeport Res, me and my girlfriend Emily stopped by the lake on Saturday, post a picture of your boat so next time I'll be able to say hello. ;)

MC
I'm a boat ho right now may be another year or so. At Bridgeport I go with friends on their boat or I split the fee with a friend and rent one.

MattMan
05-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Gotcha. Next time I'll just look for the cool guy wearing all that RAIDER stuff. ;D

MC

troutfan
05-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Gotcha. Next time I'll just look for the cool guy wearing all that RAIDER stuff. ;D

MC
Yeah, I usually wear my lucky Raider sweatshirt and a Sniffer hat. ;)
I'll be out there tomorrow Friday in a blue Maxum, if anyone is out there give a shout! :)

troutfan
05-06-2006, 05:49 AM
We went out to Bridgeport on Friday since the weatherman promised light winds and sunny skies. Well, we had twenty mile an hour winds and whitecaps all morning and no fish. In the afternoon the wind died down and we caught eight fish. Nothing over two pounds. We trolled from Rainbow to Buckeye bay with Raps and Needlefish. The hottest lure was the flourescent orange needlefish. The day ended up alot better than it started.