PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa 5/01

Big_D
05-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Fished Berryessa for a few hours today with the "First Mate"
Launched at Markley at about 7:30 and headed over to the Spanish Flat area where Rod Bender was having great action over the weekend.

We fished the same area from about 8:15 to 1:30 and boated 5 Kings to 16", 9 Rainbows and 1 poor Kokanee that was a bleeder so he ended up in the box with the 3 Kings and 2 Ranibows we brouight home. We lost about half as many as we netted and had a great time. Nothing of size but enough action to keep us busy.

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/525/medium/fuji_pic_229.jpg
First Mate with 5 for the BBQ and not happy about me making her hold the fish for the photo ("I look like crap")

Best set ups were Cripplures (Silver Blue& Police Car)Cop Car Needle Fish and Natural RG Hoochie Mama behind a Pink/Copper Dodger.

Most fish at 25' to 30' with a few rainbows right on top. Water temp was 67-68 nearing 70 by the time we quit.

Talked to "Deep Troller" and Patrick a few times and they had some action also.

Great weather and the fleas started coming out about noon :o

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/525/medium/fuji_pic_230.jpg
The view coming back

Big D

fish_4_alivin
05-01-2006, 04:01 PM
Great report and the pics were nice also ( you look fine.) Wish I could have got out last weekend :(

Munnster
05-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Big D - I turned that area on to Rod Bender last Friday and he couldn't believe it. Have been fishing that area for the last 2 weekends. Look forward to fishing with you at Buck's Lake. Are we a team for the Berryessa derby on June 10th? I'll call you on your cell. We need to get in asap. Campground reserved at Steele Park. Oh by the way - she looks just fine!! Ken

Mickey_Thomas
05-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Good job Big D, seems like Berryessa will be even hotter when the Kok's school up and go deeper, I might have to make the drive ;)

Rod Bender
05-01-2006, 07:47 PM
looks like you found the honey hole BigD. Nice looking stringer, I glad it was the a pic of the first mate, I see you all the time. Glad you had some action on the kings. I know there are some big ones in there, I had one break me off on Friday. We might just have to called that area " Munnster Alley" . Talk to you soon.

mjkielty
05-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Muy bien Big D. Glad the "first mate" got to join you in some fun. Significant upgrade from that dude you fished with on Saturday. Hmmmm....you wouldn't be practicing for the first anual "Fisherman's wives" derby would ya? Not fair. Keep this up and you will be in charge of the adult beverages for the awards BBQ!

MJK