PDA

View Full Version : San Pablo Res. 4/30

timetofish
05-01-2006, 12:08 PM
Posted this on a Freshwater Board thread..might as well put it here also ;) :

My buddy and I stopped by there yesterday after lunch. I got two DFG bows' back to back within 15 mins of being there. Everybody on shore seemed to catch at least 2-3 a pole. Alot of limits being pulled. I got mine on a mallow/worm combo. My buddy caught a nice 3lber that put up quite a fight!! He caught his on powereggs.

All fish were caught within 20 feet from shore. The bite would go crazy for ten minutes then die off. And pick up again 30-45mins later. If someone got a bite near us you could watch your pole and see the bite start to happen like clockwork.

Tight lines to all!!!

dirty3hirties
05-01-2006, 12:53 PM
DARN IT! I guess I chose wrong. Went to Chabot in the morning and Del Valle in the afternoon yesterday. Action was dead at both :'(

fishyguy
05-01-2006, 01:17 PM
How's the water clarity at San Pablo?

Thanks in advance.

Silver_Hilton
05-01-2006, 01:26 PM
DARN IT! I guess I chose wrong. Went to Chabot in the morning and Del Valle in the afternoon yesterday. Action was dead at both :'(

Looks like I chose wrong too....fished Lafayette Res. from 8:00-12:00 AM yesterday. Crawlers and PB on the sliding egg sinker. We caught nada, and I only spoke to one other party who had landed a few largemouths. I've never fished Lafayette before, so no context, but water clarity seemed fairly clouded to me...could only see objects about 24-36" down.

As to the "flurry" of timetofishes' experience at San Pablo....that sounds like pods of hatchery fish moving around.

timetofish
05-01-2006, 01:27 PM
The clarity was o.k.. Not chocolate but not clear. The wind picked up a little bit making waves so there was a little brown "ring" around the shore. But ALL the bites were within this "ring". I wouldn't go trolling just yet but at least they're seeing the bait now!!