PDA

View Full Version : Reports on Englebright???

wish4afish
04-26-2006, 07:16 AM
Hey all you trout fans,
Anyone been out to Englegright lately??? Thinking about taking the kids for a day on the water, now that winter seems to be letting up. Apreciate any and all info. Thanks!!!

badbobfishing33
04-26-2006, 08:50 AM
I heard (4/6) the lake id FULL...they were saying a week or two should really pick up. The dam and inlet were going to be good spots so you are right on schedule. Give us a report when you get back....I want to get up there some time. Good luck

Captain_Morgan
04-26-2006, 09:45 AM
I was there on Sunday. Fished from 10am to 2pm. Caught & released 6 planter trout in the 12" to 14" range.(SKINNEY FISH) All caught on chrome & gold dodger with a big fat nightcrawler. Fish are on the top 15' of water. I trolled with a 3/8oz fin weight. The fish are about in the middle of the lake spread out. No real pattern on location. Hope this helps.GL !

CM [smiley=pirate.gif]

J2K7
04-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Fished Englebright today from 8:30 til 2:30. *Expected to be off the water by noon but didn't boat the first one til 12:15. *Marked a lot of schools between 5 to 40' along the right bank as you leave the marina. *Couldn't get them to stick...most hits on power bait drifting or .7 mph.
Finally got the first one while moving towards the dam on a fire tiger grub trolled at about 15' at .9 mph. *Second one on the same grub in front of the dam and the third one on a silver Seps dodger/crawler combo about 12:45. *Chartreuse grubs did not work today. *Had a couple of take-downs between 12:45 and 2:30 in front of the dam at about 15' but missed them. *All were in the 13" range. *Talked to two other guys leaving the same time...had two limits. *

j2k7