PDA

View Full Version : Folsom 4/25

wagonmaster
04-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Fished Folsom for the time this year. I was disapointed. Trolled by the dam from about 6:45-0900 no hits. Tried both shallow down to about 58 ft. Then went up towards the south fork, had one hit, that was it. I didnt even graph alot of fish. Later on in the day talked to some guys at the dam. they had 4 trout & 1 king. They said the trout were on top/ king was at about 60 ft. Lost interest and went for bass, caught enough make the day worth it.

The kings and trout got to turn on soon. The lake is in good condition about 20 from full..when it does fill there will be an immense amount of debris floating as theres alot of stuff on shore waiting to float away ;)

Empire
04-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Welcome to the boards Wagonmaster!

Silverstreak and I were out there today as well, searching the depths of the North Fork. Marked fish at 20 to 30 feet, and caught 2 spotted bass working those areas. One of them had a beer belly, probably full of small king salmon.

Water was calm and is clearing. Everyone is waiting for the spring bite to turn on. Water temp at Folsom Point was 59.6, temp at main body slightly up N. fork was 57, and further up N. fork it dropped to 51.5.