PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fished Coyote Lake near gilroy

GoneCountry
04-11-2006, 05:54 PM
I am still thinking of salvaging the week somehow and came across coyote lake near gilroy. They have trout.....has anyone checked it out lately. How are the facilities there???

fishnhockey
04-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Haven't been up there recently, but facilities...um well, there is a bathroom and a launch ramp and a campground *(that you don't want to stay in during the summer). The road in is very narrow, though not all that long. The ramp is very steep. The lake is a nice small and narrow lake. The water warms up and the place is crawling with boats in the summer.
Last year my uncle took a group of kids up there and they hit the jackpot, that's the most recent report I have, sorry.

CenCoast_Angler
04-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Coyote is one of my favorite lakes! Granted, I grew up in Gilroy so I've been fishing there since I was a little guy but...there are plenty of planter trout with a few holdovers. There are lots of bass with some real bigguns. Catfishing is ok in summer. If going for trout, fish off the rocky points towards the dam with an inflated crawler/powerbait combo on a sliding sinker rig with a 2 foot leader. The best spot is right off the face of the dam, on the flat spot in the middle(old road or something). You can also toss kastmasters or cleos from the dam for trout. If you have a boat, troll along the north side.
Might have to go up there on Saturday. Now is a good time---before all of the jetskis and fancy boats take over the lake.

PK

badbobfishing33
04-12-2006, 12:09 PM
WOW a female fishsniffer "fishnhockey"?? :o

go sharks huh??

yeah I hear coyote can be good never gone ...I also heard the dam was the spot.

let us know gonecountry

twinstwo
04-12-2006, 05:00 PM
I went to Coyote yesterday but it was really windy with a lot of logs floating. Waited around for a couple of hours but the wind didn't die down so I left. The north end by the dam has about three to four feet of wood and crap floating off from the shore. The dam was spilling over big time. Fishing wise it is a good lake to fish other than all the speed boats in the summer. In the summer at the height of the speed boats you may have to wait to get on the lake because they only let so many boats on the lake at a time. Although you can get in the trees and bushes away from the boats so it's still pretty decent.

Slim
04-13-2006, 06:21 PM
I am still thinking of salvaging the week somehow and came across coyote lake near gilroy. They have trout.....has anyone checked it out lately. How are the facilities there???

!979 is when my brother and I fished there. We took turns pulling in the fish. No one else was catching anything and they were getting closer and closer to us. Because as soon as I threw my line out , Brother was pulling another trout in, and then visa versa, *till we limited out in no time... (Back then it was 10 fish each)...We were fishin off the dam...
I caught my first Bass ever that day also.

Boy, this takes me down memory lane!!! :)

Slim