PDA

View Full Version : PYRAMID LAKE 3-30-06

CHICKFISHING58
03-31-2006, 09:51 AM
Hi Guys,
Sam and I went to Pyramid yesterday morning we were on the water by 9:30am.
Sam backed my boat down (so we didnít have to wait for ever to fish) :D
We headed toward the nets I hooked up 1 with a fire tiger Lyman in 15ft of water down 7ft.
I need to learn how to fish with 2 on my boat as I was bring my fish in I caught Sam's lure on my down rigger ball [smiley=rolleyes.gif]
I stop fishing I was more into driving the boat and finding Sam some fish we trolled for another 1hr nothing so I put my pole back out using the black glow in the dark Lyman I thought I had one on but nothing was happing with my pole come to fine out Sam and I were tangled up so he un tangled us and as I was bring my pole in to check it I had my fish still on [smiley=bananasplits.gif]
I pulled my downrigger in and decided to be a good captain and fine him so fish with the things that I learned from all of my fishing buddies and the results Sam caught 3 fish [smiley=cheerleader.gif]
We were only out for about 3hours before the wind came up so we headed back into the dock believe it or not I looked like a pro coming back to the dock except when I got out of the boat my butt hit the dock first than my knees and then my feet [smiley=nerves.gif] here are a few pictures of Sam and the pelicans they were stalking the lake with some pretty nice size fish they scared the crap out of me after they stocked it they shot off an air gun to scare the Pelicans away almost made me jump off the dock. *
Still had a problem putting the boat back on the trailer with the rollers thinking about changing them to a bunk they sit up so high.
SAM WATCHING AND WAITING
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/sam2.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/sam1.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/sam3.jpg
THE PELICAN'S WAITING TO EAT THE FISH
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/pel.jpg

SLOfisher
03-31-2006, 11:27 AM
Chick:

I know somebody's probably already told you this, but just in case no one has, it's a tip that helped me with backing my boat up.

Place your hands on the bottom of your steering wheel, then when you turn the wheel right, the trailer goes right, turn it left and the trailer goes left. Makes the whole backing up thing much easier.

drstressor
03-31-2006, 05:28 PM
Chick, you'll probably never be able to back you boat down a ramp so you might as well just give up. ;) ;D

But you can save yourself a lot of grief by not using downriggers at all this time of year. My standard plug trolling rig in the Spring is a 1/2 oz. banana weight 5 ft in front of a Lyman, Apex, or spoon. This will get you down 7-10' depending on the speed you run. That's all you need when you're fishing close to shore off the beaches. Run a top line with no weight at all later in the afternoon.

Farrier_Frank
03-31-2006, 05:45 PM
Sounds like you did alright, Chick. Don't let Doc pull your chain. ::) And besides Sam has a big grin on his face so it must have been a good day. 8-)

drstressor
03-31-2006, 05:54 PM
Always be aware Chick that when you're backing your boat down a ramp EVERYBODY is watching you. ;D

metalmouth
03-31-2006, 06:10 PM
Always be aware Chick that when you're backing your boat down a ramp EVERYBODY is watching you. ;D

Doc, you're in rare form tonight. *[smiley=bananadevil.gif] [smiley=bricks.gif] [smiley=bananadevil.gif]

BITE_ME_II
03-31-2006, 06:22 PM
Yep !! Doc's right Chick !! No matter how many times or how long it takes ! if someone is there, they are all watching you and a watch, so when you look up and see 15-20 boats in line waiting to launch, and you're sideways on the ramp just take a deep breath and relax , everyone of those people in line is in no hurry to start fishing and is very patient.

BITE ME II
8-) 8-)

SuperDave
03-31-2006, 06:47 PM
And I'm sure they will share the Funniest Home Video prize money with you for making all those clutsy moves look so real. ;)

somebody
03-31-2006, 08:32 PM
yes I told her once about the bottom of the wheel but it was to complicated. and your right someone will be taking movies and every one else is haveing more fun watching you than catching fish. the movies will be on funny home videos and fb will win 10,000 bucks

onemore_pass
03-31-2006, 09:27 PM
Chick
Just find yourself a big empty parking lot and practice.Set up some empty 2 liter bottles in two lines,fifteen feet apart.In no time you will be backing your trailer,like a pro.
;)