PDA

View Full Version : anyone have tips for contra loma?

photohawk
03-29-2006, 07:51 PM
I did a search but could not find anything recent on Contra Loma. *I am going tomorrow morning and have never been there. *does anyone here ever fish there? *If so, do you have any tips on what to use or where to go? *Most likely will be for trout.

Thanks in advance!

fishguts
03-30-2006, 09:05 AM
Fish for the catfish, you will do better.

photohawk
03-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Well I just got back. *Total out of 3 of us, we caught 5 trout the biggest being 5.8 lbs. *After not having a single bit all day, I got one bite near the end of the day and caught one (15in).
We were using power bait and night crawlers. *Night Crawlers did not work. *Another guy had a second pole for catfish using shrimp and did not get anything (one bite all day).
To top it off, when my friend went to get the stringer out of the water, one of the fish magically got off. I saw it with my own eyes. Wouldn't you know it, it was MY fish :o(the second biggest). Really, it's not a "fish story".

fishguts
03-30-2006, 04:04 PM
Glad you got some fish, everytime my son and I go over there we don't do well on trout then switch to cats and BANG!! Lots of excitement.

fishdude76
03-30-2006, 04:46 PM
nice to hear about the 5.8lber. Did it have full fins or were they worn down? I havn't fished there in some time now but used to knock them on chartruese pb in the small cove by the beach. Catfishing is really good at night time with chicken liver off the dock.

photohawk
03-30-2006, 09:19 PM
Yes it had full fins. it was a fat sucker too! I may go back on Saturday (either there or to Lafayette Res.)