PDA

View Full Version : Topaz lake 03-26-06

troutfan
03-26-2006, 06:01 PM
I fished Topaz on the south end today with PB and inflated Crawlers. *I was using the Pro-Cure Carp Spit to soak the bait. * Whether it was the Pro-Cure or not I had a great day, hooking nine and keeping five all which were 16-20" and 1-3.5 lbs. *Got some nice fillets for the smoker.

Weez
03-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Great report! Sounds like that lake is starting to turn on.

Mr_Ed
03-26-2006, 08:49 PM
" HALLALULA BROTHER"
It is about time you got the skunk off that rod. Congrats !!

(uh; remember that old post of mine telling the fish were south? )

Sounds like you had a real good time; and the weather had to be
perfect !! Do you think spring is around the corner ?

I just organized my tackle boxes ( 5 ) for the fishing that is coming.
Really getting itchy feet !!

Guess there will be no holding you back now !! Later Ed

JoeTech
03-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the report. TF where about is Topaz?

Mad_Russian
03-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Sounds like you did really well, Tony.
I see that my mentioning south end ( repeatedly ) finally paid off. :)
That one spot that we usually fish isnt bad but the very south end is way better.
It supposed to be in mid 50's next Saturday and I'll see if I can make it there.

Sergey

SierraSkier
03-26-2006, 09:59 PM
That is really great news Troutfan, I am looking forward to getting down there again.

troutfan
03-27-2006, 03:06 AM
*It really was a great day on the lake. *Beautiful fish, perfect weather and alot of bullspitting with friends. * Nevada stocks these fish at 4-9" so when you catch an 18" he will be full-finned and as wild as they get.* There are alot of 8-9" fish out there so let's be very gentle on the release. *I got lucky and two of the dinks had the hook barely on the lip. *the other ones I just cut the hook off at the lip...in the water. *The catch was about 50/50 on 'crawlers or Rainbow Powerbait. *A buddy of mine who was fishing close by hooked one that probably would go 5 lbs. *and it popped off right at the shoreline. *I think April is going to be a great month at Topaz until the jetski bugs show up. *Hey Sergey, *if you go Saturday send me a PM and I'll meet you down there.
Tight Lines all
PS Joe, Topaz is about thirty-five miles south of Carson City, Nv on US-395 on the Calif./Nevada border

cornfused
03-27-2006, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the report Troutfan. Soudns like you had a great day on the water. We're planning on fishing Topaz the weekend of 4/7.

troutfan
03-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the report Troutfan. *Soudns like you had a great day on the water. *We're planning on fishing Topaz the weekend of 4/7.
The south end is the hotspot for trolling and still fishing right now. *Before you go send me a PM and I'll give you an update if you need it.

burninfuel
03-27-2006, 11:49 AM
congrats on the fat limit.
The south end is flooded pasture, probly 5-7' deep all the way across and warms up faster. The water temp is 10 degrees higher than the lake of high 30's and pulls the fish in to river feed area.
you will end up seeing many boats within casting distance from each other, but they will be getting good limits of 18" 2#ers