PDA

View Full Version : Another line question

Athlete24
03-22-2006, 06:09 PM
I bought the Berkley Vanish Transition fluorocarbon, *after fishing last i noticed it turned bright yellow. *I know it is clear in the water but do the trout see it? I mostly use powerbait. *Also, would it work in streams, I have 6 lb. test, I usually go to Twin Lakes and fish in Robinson Creek in the Robinson Creek campgound, do you think the trout could see it there and is 6 lb. small enough there? *Also is florocarbon a lot like mono, can you fish it the exact same way trolling and casting from a boat or the bank? :-?

zinger
03-22-2006, 06:16 PM
I doubt the trout would be able to see the line, even in shallow streams. I've fished Dinkey Creek with that line before with crickets in less than 10ft of water and still caught plenty of fish.

zinger

JoeTech
03-22-2006, 09:26 PM
I'm with zinger, 6lb test is what I use, but I use mono...If I use the flouro I use it as a leader because it vertually disapears under water. So I would have to say, in the application that you are planning to use it on is just perfect.

Athlete24
03-23-2006, 03:33 PM
Thanks a lot guys, I was not sure but it was nice to know that you guys think it is good, so thanks.