PDA

View Full Version : Rancho Seco

BigOkieWhiteBoy916
03-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Had a fun day today at Rancho Seco. I went fly fishing off the banks. I caught two on a black wooly bugger, one on some weird wooly bugger I made, and two on a dry(adams). I do have to say there is nothing like watching a trout coming up and taking a dry.

Diego916
03-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the report! How long did you fish? I'm suprised there were any left after the derby.

pinoy
03-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Diego, there should still be a lot of Cutbows left after the derby. I fish the North bank today from 7 to 1015 (caught 4 cutbows on white power eggs)that's about the time DFG planted some Rainbows on the South boat ramp. Went to the South ramp for some catch and release till about 12 noon using kastmasters and cripalures. A good day all together. ;D Surprisingly not crowded at all. 8-)

luckie
03-22-2006, 10:30 AM
what kind of setup do u use with those power eggs? :-/

pinoy
03-22-2006, 06:51 PM
Luckie, sliding sinker(on the south side 18-24 inches leader and two eggs on a #8 hook cast only about 10-15 yards. On the north side basically the same except use about 24-36 inches of leader, that's to clear the weed line.) If eggs alone don't work don't be afraid to use scent on eggs. Like anise or trout scents.

hunkfisher
03-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Good news that RS still is wide open, i might head there friday if the weathers good and amador is still slow for some CR. anyone else thinking the same???

Brad "Hunkfisher"
[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

pinoy
03-22-2006, 09:22 PM
Hunk, Next couple of weeks should be excellent for Cutbows, after that we'll probably have to settle for DFG planters or hit Amador again.

hunkfisher
03-22-2006, 10:11 PM
Yeah i would rather pay the 5 bucks to get in at a shot of those cutbows, but the dfg though slim and small and down right ugly some times put up a good fight on my Mitchell Ultra light with 4 lb test and 5 wt. 8.5ft fly rod i think i am going to Ranho friday afternoon for some CR, i ll hit amador on spring break before i leave for hawaii ;D. Anbody know if they got cutbows on maui ;)

Brad "Hunkfisher"
[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]