PDA

View Full Version : Dell Valle 3/19/06

drift
03-19-2006, 03:09 PM
*I fished Dell Valle today from 10:00 to about 1:00. I didn't see many people catching fish. People on the bank were catching more than the people in boats. The biggest fish I saw was a nice 4 or 5 pound trout taken from the shore. As for me, I trolled for trout with no luck. I did however, end up catching a huge largemouth, which weighed in at 4 pounds, and is my biggest bass to date. The fish hit a rainbow trout castmaster behind a slingblade dodger at about 15 feet on the rigger and put up an EXCELLENT fight on my ultra light catera rod. I didn't expect to catch anything as the main reason for my trip was to test out my new downriggers, so unfortunately I didn't bring the camera and don't have any pics for u guys. *:'(

gopedxr
03-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Sounds like a Fun time out on the water. How was the water level out there? I sure am looken forward to fish this lake again! I would supsect if you could not catch any on the troll, I would throw some bait out in the narrows.

pawsnazzy
03-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Did you troll the SouthEnd?

drift
03-19-2006, 08:24 PM
I trolled out in the middle of the lake and on the opposite shore from the boat rental and tackle shop. I'm not really sure about the water level, as this was my first time at Dell Valle, but I would think it is high because I didn't see any water marks on the shore.

Zepplock
03-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Where were people catching from the shore?

drift
03-20-2006, 07:38 AM
I saw most of the shore caught fish at the sandy beaches near the tackle shop, and also a few larger fish on the shore opposite the tackle shop across the lake.

pawsnazzy
03-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Last year at this time we were trolling in Heron Bay and she a smallmouth that had to be close to 5 lbs. We didn't have our scale with us but it was the biggest smallie that I've ever seen out of there.
Were there many trailers in the parking lot? Alot of people have been fishing Swallow Bay for bass.
The dam has always been good for me, when the south end is muddy.

drift
03-20-2006, 04:41 PM
pawsnazzy, yes, there were tons of boats out on the water, and a lot of them were fishing for bass. They were hooking up, too. Even the people fishing for trout with powerbait caught bass.

Zepplock
03-20-2006, 08:58 PM
Be careful with that white stripped bass in there.
I think the minimum size is 12 or 14 inches.

Please read that paper that they give you at the entrance.

Tule
03-20-2006, 09:54 PM
White striped bass??? Ive never heard of that species in Del Valle?? I know the stripers have to be over 18" to keep and that you do not need a stamp for them up there. The other bass, smallies and largemouth need to be over 12" to keep, but i never keep them anyhow.

Be prepared fellas, over the next couple years the Kings and the kokes will be ready for the hammerin, imagine that, a koke and king fishery close to home, 15 minutes for me, no 1 1/2 hour drives up to the foothills, well, ok, maybe a few!!!.......Jason

PS- Im gonna hit Del Valle on Friday to knock the cobb webs off the boat, i'll post a report after!!

Zepplock
03-21-2006, 08:56 AM
I meant stripped bass.

ken_fishnfool
03-21-2006, 09:41 AM
You guys might want to try the Kings this year...I've already seen four come in at 2.5 to a touch over 3 pounds, since January!

Bass on powerbait :-?
(I might have to try that)

pawsnazzy
03-21-2006, 01:02 PM
I've caught a lot of stripers over the years there. Biggest was 19lbs. He had to eat alot of trout to get that big.