PDA

View Full Version : Amador Reversal to Camanche  3/19

Doubleheader
03-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Was headed to Amador but based on yesterday's posts decided to hit Camanche. Not as hot as reported but I got six and my friend got one. After reviewing today's posts I need to thank this site otherwise we would have been working hard at Amador. We launched at 7:30 am and headed to little Hat Island and trolled from there to the dam to Big Hat Island til 2pm. The hot set up was a firetiger Uncle Larry spinner behind a silver wild thing dodger tipped with 1/2 crawler with scent, toplined out 125-150 pulls. On the downrigger at 30 feet got 2: one on pearl 3in grub and 2in firetiger grub. Nothing huge but fun to catch on kokanee rods. Fish seemed scattered and holding 35 feet to the surface. Water clear to about 15 feet; light wind came and went; mostly sun all day.

trackertundra
03-19-2006, 10:14 PM
Glad to hear you did well. I considered doing the same thing last night after reading all of the negative reports on Amador. But I am stubborn, and I learned my lesson!

Tracker

jtk25
03-20-2006, 07:46 AM
How where you rigging those grubs? Every time I try them I don't get any bites. The fish are all spread out over the lake right now. I think alot of the fish down 35' are bass. When I talked to the guys at the marina they said that the local bass club were catching them down that deep. Not to mention that we hooked them trolling down that deep on Sat. Once the weather calms down it should get better.

Doubleheader
03-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Rigged the grubs same as described on all the Amador posts: for 3 inch grubs, use #2 light wire Gamatzu worm hook and for 2inch grubs use #4 Gamatzu bait holder. For added effect bend the hook a bit and the grub will not only wiggle but roll in the water. Also pour some scent on them each time you drop it in the water.