PDA

View Full Version : Tough day at Amador

freon
03-18-2006, 05:53 PM
Well we fished til around three thirty, but only got five in the boat :-/
I had a flatlander in my boat today, didnt show up til after JW, somewhere around eight :-/
But we had a lot of fun, some sun, a lot of wind, really brutal at the end and saw a lot of sniffers, we ran accross Ron M, Marine 47, Pilot hill mark, Ifishforfun(he finally beat his dad with a nice fish), fishnphool, Fisherofflys(I think that is what he said his handle was), Paddleman and Driftwizard & the Rev, thats all I can remember, but I know there were more, sorry to whoever I left out, geez, I feel bad running accross that many people, I should learn how to drive :D
I fished with Mayhem and we had a lot of hits, just couldnt put the wood to them, they would hit once real quick and then not come back once you set up on the rod.
Freon

trackertundra
03-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Freon, I am headed out there tomorrow, so I was hoping for a good report. Did it seem about the same for everybody else? I think we had a full moon last night. That might have something to do with it.

Tracker

Mickey_Thomas
03-18-2006, 06:05 PM
I feel bad running accross that many people
Dang Freon, when did you get your lic. to drive back? ;D Were closing in on 6000 members and you're wipeing them out as fast as they can join up :( HH3 told me they haven't stocked because it's to muddy to get to the tanks, guess that's having a effect on the "good bite" except JW and partner 8-)

marine47
03-18-2006, 06:12 PM
well it was the same for ron and i, we ended up catching five, we kept 3 and released the other 2, they were dfg planters, the other 3 were not of great size either, still had alot of fun being out there, i didnt here of to many people slamming them today, radio was pretty quiet :-/

hoghunter3
03-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Radio was quiet with Freon on the lake? Say it isn't so. ;)

I feel your pain guys. I had by far my worst day of the year out there on Thursday. Once this weather stablizes it will break wide open again

Dennis
03-18-2006, 06:37 PM
All this just makes the good days that much better. I don't feel so bad about last Thursday. At least it wasn't just me. I'd be really upset if everyone was getting fish and we weren't. Guess it's time to take a little break and straighten out some things on the boat.

Freon,
Sure wish you would have got into them. Might have made you feel better. Take next weekend off from fishing. We'll let you know if there's anything happening. ;) The following week should be dynamite if the solunar tables are correct. 8-)

Hellsangler
03-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Ouch for a tough day at Amador. I was struggling on whether to hit Amador or Rancho Mistako....lucky I made the right choice. The schools of trout are easy to locate at Seco because most of the lake is shallow or has major weed beds keeping the trout near the surface. Fish Rancho Seco for a lot lesss money and great fishing from a boat during this derby.
'
Hells

jwilson
03-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Slow was not the word for today. *More like boring when it came to the fishing aspect of it. *It was worse than Thursday and I thought Amador could not be any slower than that. *I’m proud to be a Flatlander today, especially when we put the boat in and heard only one or none on the stringers. * We saw A LOT of sniffers and I won’t even attempt to name them all. *It was great seeing everyone out today. *We left right behind Freon, used every thing in the box and brought two home. *Caught a few DFG’s and put them back. *Lost a few at the boat. *To many tap tap’s with no takedowns to count. *My daughter caught the biggest and first fish. *Her only question was “what color is the tag?” *We did go back into Rock Creek at the end and had a triple on, boated one of them by hand due to tangled lines. *The fish seemed to start jumping and the bite was coming on, it was to late. *Freon called on the radio and said look behind you. *As I turned he was warning of a rain storm rolling in. *It was coming in fast and looked dark and ugly. *

Now it’s time for that cocktail! *Not Jack Freon nor Morgan Dennis…….Crown it will be! *I think it will help with what I remember HH calling “boat butt”. * ;)

Freon – * Thanks for radio call on the rain coming in. *It seemed to get there in no time. *With the wind pushing us all over, we decided to leave and fish another day.

My thought of the day – As my sticker says “A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work”. * I fished today and will fish another day, no matter the outcome present or future, I will fish again!

Enjoyed the day with all the sniffers, even though it was quiet on the radio for the most part. *

Reeling this 3.5 *pounder in required a two hour nap *;)
http://hometown.aol.com/Bluebiker/jenna.jpg

Ron and Marine47
http://hometown.aol.com/Bluebiker/amador3-18+006.jpg

Ifish4fun and Freon with his flatlander friend
http://hometown.aol.com/Bluebiker/amador3-18+005.jpg

Tyeroflies putting another in his boathttp://hometown.aol.com/Bluebiker/amador3-18+002.jpg

Manteca Steve
03-18-2006, 07:46 PM
Sorry it was one of those days,we all have them! that's part of fishing. :-/jwilson thanks for the pic. Great pic of your daughter holding up her first fish ! ;D

RonM
03-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Boy was it slow today, I almost had a tagged fish today. *One of them had the mark where the tag had been, when it was cleaned it still had a piece of the tag in it but the rest was missing. The only one I saw doing good today were Paddleman and Tyeroflies.

Paddleman
03-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Drift Wizard and myself were out first thing in the morning. *We had some luck the first hour boating 3 out of four hits. Two of the three were very nice fish. One was 4lbs 11 oz. and one of the others was 4lbs 1 oz. The third was a solid two pounder. *Feeling pretty good about the start, we are thinking this day is begining pretty darn good. Well, we went 0 for the next 5 bites. Now we are both looking at eachother, like what the heck happened. Good bites, we just wiffed. So much for our good percentage in the days start.
*The hot bait early for us was the "Smerf", followed by pearl. *The bite turned off in this arm and traffic started to get a little clustered for me, so we departed and went to another spot. *In the first 150 yards in our new *area we boated 3 more fish, and lost one other. *Always fun fighting not only the fish but the wind and other lines. The Wizard did a great job clearing the rods, but I just could not stop the brute that got us all messed up. *The darn thing ended up in the brush and was lost to fight another day. *Dang, I just hate it when that happens. *In the afternoon a pink grug was the ticket for us. Still getting bites on the other baits, but not the good takes we needed. *They were hammering the pinkies. *HH3, this pairs mentor, always says when they are doing that you have the right combo out there.
Wind started to get a bit troublesome. *Down wind drifts seemed to be a little better for bites for us. *We ended the day with 13 boated, 9 take homes and four dinks. *Dinks were very small. *12ers" at best. *

We had three of the nine take home in the 4+ range. The rest were in the 2-3lb slot. *

Nice seing everyone on the water. Unlike Freon, I am going to pass on trying to name everyone. *You all know who you are, and thanks for the waves and grettings. We do not have a radio on board, maybe some day. *So we missed out on all the banter on the air waves.

Same numbers on the plant board today as it was on Monday. *Maybe this weeks plant was done by Fish & Game instead of the big boys from the Amador Hatchery. *I had read earlier in the week that some of the Amador Stock was going to be planted in Rancho Seco. *Just never encountered this many Dof F& G planters like I heard caught today. Not only by us, but by several other boats that we saw. *You sure notice the difference right away when you set that hook home. *Heck, the way I set the hook those poor dinks get their neck darn near broken.

Drift Wizard with one of our four pounders.
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/8537/fishing2788hx.jpg

Todays fat take homes, along with the afternoons hot setup.
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8452/fishing2811cg.jpg

Good Fishing,

Paddleman

03-18-2006, 08:39 PM
I spent the last two days on the lake. We camp there last night. In two days four fish, lots of hits but couldn't get them on the hook. :'( I meet some of the folks, the stars makes it easy to find them. What a couple of days. Looking forward to next week

Blessing :)
The Rev

Big Ken
03-18-2006, 10:17 PM
Sorry for the late post guys. I had an ok day. I got 3 in the boat. 1 went 4.5 lbs. All in the Mt Spring arm & all on a Seps orange grub with a rainbow glitter power egg. It was great to talk to all the sniffers today. I just got my VHF radio & really enjoyed all the banter. I cant wait to hear you all on that radio when Amador bust open again.

ifish4fun
03-19-2006, 12:13 AM
It was great to hear all the sniffers on the radio today. Fishing was tough. caught 6 kept 5 nice ones the biggest was just shy of 6 lbs. Freon, JW, Ron, marine, fishnfool everyone else kept me laughing when
things were slow.
Freon tried to through doughnuts but he has a rag arm. Lucky for ron ;D he missed. but he tried. nice day on the water.

later

Darren

firetrout
03-19-2006, 08:18 AM
Sorry to hear that it slowed down a bit. But I also read Thursday that Fish & Game did make a plant. It is still a good day when you can be fishing. :)

FREON get some tiger balm for that arm of yours. You might improve on the throws, plus at your age pitchers are sent down to the farm. ;D

JW Very nice picture of your daughter and that smile tells it all. Keep her fishing. ;)

PADDLEMAN & WIZARD Nice to see you were King for the day. Glad to see you still have the touch. Those are some nice fish.

Happier fishing days to come with Spring next week I hope. 8-)

freon
03-19-2006, 08:52 AM
Firetrout, at my age, they arent sent down to the farm, they are taken out behind the barn *:-/
I was just trying to pay Marine47 and Ron back for their driveby a few weeks back *;D