PDA

View Full Version : Pine Flat - Sunday 3/19 - who's going?

zinger
03-16-2006, 06:41 PM
I will be up there Sunday with my dad in our 14' Valco. Just got my stars on last weekend too ;D Who else is going to be up there? Here's the list so far:

zinger
JoeTech
Ironhead
Fresnofishfan
fishon chris

68merc
03-16-2006, 08:41 PM
I'd love to be there, even have the day off. But i have family from out of town commin in. Take lots of pictures!
:)

Viking
03-17-2006, 06:05 AM
Was planning on going out Sun., but I think that I have a U-joint going bad in my Gimmy and don't want to take a chance towing my heavy boat. Have fun and give us report.

Good Luck!

Viking

mtalley
03-17-2006, 06:39 AM
I'll try to make it.

fishon_chris
03-17-2006, 07:49 AM
Zinger,fresnofishfan,Ironhead I will be fishing Pine Flat with my son and fishing partner on sun morning hope to see you there.Iwill be lanching at trimmer hope to be on the water by 630 or so.

fishon chris [smiley=angling.gif]

Ray@q97
03-17-2006, 08:05 AM
I am planning on Pine Flat as well. I have a black and white Reinell FNS. No stars yet. Does anybody use VHF on Pine Flat? I don't have one yet but been thinking about a handheld.

Ray

fresnofshfan
03-17-2006, 09:41 AM
Ray@q97- No VHF for me , im saving up for a new (bigger)boat.

Has most of the Trout action been from Trimmer upriver?? If so Ill launch there instead of boating over. Ill be in my 14' Gregor & I have a set of stars on and be in camo or OD green clothing, feel free to motor over and show off fish! Oh yea my bro wil be with me too. So whats the hot set-up? Well be at Trimmer at about 630 if thats the hot area, anybody check the Bee report??

first5
03-17-2006, 09:58 AM
hey, is this a Pine Flat Snifferfest?!! :) Starting to sound like one. Not sure about making it, but will try. No stars, but I'll be in a 16' alum. Fisher, dual console. just yell 'are you a sniffer?' ;D

brian

Ray@q97
03-17-2006, 10:43 AM
Pine Flat Reservoir

**Bass ***Trout

Trout fishing has improved to a good bite for trollers working above Windy Gap at 20 feet with red Apexes or Shad Excels, Buck Deaner said. Bruce Beck of Fresno got 20 fish, with half of the catch spanning 18 inches or more. Most anglers are scoring 10 fish per rod. Rapalas, Wedding Ring spinners and chrome-colored Needlefish were working for the rainbows, Merritt Gilbert said. Bass fishing has been fair, with fish taking worms, jigs and a few reaction baits, Gilbert said. A recent ABA bass tournament was won with a 14-pound total. Most fish coming from 10- to 25-foot depths. Main lake points and walls are good structure to target, Deaner said.

Call: 787-2387, 225-1838, 292-3474

This is the report from the Bee this week, and don't ask me about getting fish, I consider it a sucessful trip as long as I don't fall out of the boat or mess up the boat. My boat is very new, I use to have a 14 foot with a 6 horsepower, and somehow I was blessed and ended up with this brand new Reinell ........hope to make it up there and meet some of you guys, then maybe I won't have to go to Savemart and buy the fish to look good at home....

Ray

fresnofshfan
03-17-2006, 11:35 AM
I wonder if its the same Bruce from the boards. Brice give us your secret ;D

Im going to troll for trout early then mabey swith to bass when it warms up.

First5 try to make it , we can have a little Pine Flat fest and compare fish or fish stories depending on how we do.

JoeTech
03-17-2006, 11:54 AM
looks like there's going to be alot of sniffers out there this weekend...look forward to meetin you all.

mtalley
03-18-2006, 10:22 PM
I'll be there for sure w/ my Crestliner pontoon boat and Scotty downriggers on the back. No stars.