PDA

View Full Version : amador 3/15

Phisherman44
03-16-2006, 03:22 PM
This report may too late to be much good but, here goes. Got to the lake early about 6 am and started trolling about 6:30 after getting all my crap into a beautiful rental. I am not sure what the names of all the arms are but i followed the shoreline to the right from the marina and up about 3/4 way into the first arm trolling a white grub with flourescent green head on one line and a black/white needlefish on the other when i had my first short strike on the grub. I came back out of that arm and continued trolling fruitlessly, well i had one more bite on the grub, for another hour and a half or so changing color combos every 20 mins or so. At this time i decided to tie on an 1/8 oz barrel and head back to that first arm as at this time i was looking for a little wind relief. However, i was not to find any shelter, just stiff wind and about a 1/4 way in a gust blew my trolling motor powered boat swiftly back the way i came. At this point i decided not to fight it and just turn the power off and drift with the wind. Just after this, when i had gotten down to an actual drift i hooked about a 4lber on a pink grub with a white head about 60ft back which i then lost at the net. Frustrated with my poor net skills but encouraged by the fish, i decided to set up another drift but not before taking off the needle fish on the other rod and tying on a white grub with a white head. As i passed through the exact same area the white/white combo got nailed by what turned out to be a 3.2 lber. I fished for a couple more hours, drifted the same spot a couple more times but nothing more. Still, i was very impressed with the fish i caught..very hard fighting and the one that got away was so bright around the head i couldnt believe it. Anyways, it was a beautiful day and not as crowded as the first time i went which made it a much nicer experience. Hope this helped someone.
Jeff

freon
03-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Phisherman, nice report, sorry you didnt do any better, next time, head towards the back of the lake and work forwards, or at the very least, see where the vast majority of boats go and head in that direction, if you dont see boats hooking up, keep looking.

Phisherman44
03-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Thanks Freon.i probably should have ventured into the more heavily trafficed areas, but i feel like a jerk fishing so close to others. Just another personal problem, i guess..

cuhogn
03-16-2006, 05:39 PM
No jerk means no bites switch colors ;D
I do not think you are going to have an issue fishing around other people, just don't anchor in the trolling lanes ;)

fish_4_alivin
03-16-2006, 09:41 PM
Phish, man you missed out the back is where ALOT of fish were. Only about 10 boats in the back plenty of room. Unscented white and cinnamon gubs did well for me today 22 fish for two people. ;D