PDA

View Full Version : just woundering

bmoelongliner
03-02-2006, 09:06 PM
when or what time of year does the brown trout turn dark onthe top and super yellow on the bottom i was looking at some pictures on the net and i saw some like that they wre beutiful :o

metalmouth
03-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Welcome to the boards. Most fish typically go through color transitions just prior to and during spawning season. For the Brown trout that color change begins in late October or early November. I prefer to have my Browns mounted in those spawning colors.
MM

CHICKFISHING58
03-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Welcome Bmoelongliner,
you'll love this web site sorry canít help you I have only caught 1 brown and a small one at that ;D

SuperDave
03-03-2006, 12:46 PM
In addition to time of year, I also feel that some lakes tend to produce more colorful browns than others.

CraigV
03-04-2006, 07:25 PM
WOUNDERING? ;D Please excuse my fishing partner's spelling, he's a foreign exchange student from the wrong side of the bridge and that's how they talk! :D Sorry BMOE, just ribbin!

So what, are we gonna gear up from some browns soon? getting tired of the cutbows? we'll be bassin' and striper'n very soon too. Remember though this year, i am not gonna fish the mess at the outlet for salmon ever again, unless we stay in the boat! That freak I was picking a fight with will be looking for me and he was freggin psycho looking, dont want to have a run in with him again, and also i prefer to stay dry when fishing!! ha ha .

see you at work tonight. we should have gone fishing today. the weather was pretty decent.

gopedxr
03-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Welcome To The Boards!

Dennis
03-05-2006, 07:47 AM
when or what time of year does the brown trout turn dark onthe top *and super yellow on the bottom i was looking at some pictures on the net and i saw some like that they wre beutiful :o I think doc can better answer this. As I recall a post some time ago where someone questioned the colors of a Brown trout in a photo. It seems some of the more vibrant colors are a result of diet and water conditions.

Doc where are you? ;)