PDA

View Full Version : Amador, Sun 2/26

Hooky_Time
02-27-2006, 12:50 AM
I hit Amador Sunday from 6:30a till 11:30a with my father and son. *Tried small gold/black and firetiger jointed rapala's, various needlefish and various color scented grubs with no luck early. We didn't even get a bite until about 8:30, then the fun started. *We started SSSLLLOOOWWW trolling for 6 caught and lost a few more, using two green power eggs and half a nightcrawler. *The biggest in the picture was 19" and 3#. *It was a good day on the water. ;D

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/DSC00195-1.jpg

YakMotor
02-27-2006, 01:02 AM
GREAT photo!

You're brave fisherfolk because in the foothills about 15 miles south (OOPS! Shudda been 15 MILES NORTH) of Amador (about the same time) I was seeing gusts of 50mph thrashing me and the oaks!

partner
02-27-2006, 02:01 AM
I love the picture of your son with your jacket and grandpas smile! It says volumes about his day on the water!
Good job with the fish!

partner

Hooky_Time
02-27-2006, 08:14 AM
When the wind started gusting we had trouble staying on course with the trolling plate down so we tried drifting with the wind. *The fish continued to bite so we did that until the rain drops started, then we got off the lake fast.

Several of the fish had partially digested minnows in them. One had a good amount of roe in it that I saved for another trip.

hoghunter3
02-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Glad you found the right combination, Hooky_Time. Nothing better than getting the kids on the fish and watching the smiles