PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle results *2-20 Nice Day

firetrout
02-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Got on the water at 9:00am. *Fire Minnow and Fire Dog were on board with me. *The weather could not be better.
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/medium/P1010044.JPG
Just a Kiss for good luck.

Stayed on the south end and drift power baits. *Lot of boats and bankies out enjoying the day. 8)

Met a few sniffers today. FishMaster and family, *Fishnphool and another tuber, they were doing quite well. ;) *Gave me some pointers. :D *Talked to a few other fisherman who watch the sniffer reports and convinced them to try Del Valle.

Many fish were caught by both boaters and bankers. *We ended boating 5, had 4 SDR and about half doz. nibblers. *The fish sizes were from 1-1/2 Lb. to 5.1 Lb. Got off water at 1:30 *:o

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/medium/P1010048.JPG

Fire Minnow said "he will hold it like Hoghunter3, Raise the fish high and grimmace like it hurts." ;D

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/medium/P1010049.JPG

The best bait was white power eggs and eggs/power bait together. Split shot and dragging the bottom at a drift approx. .5 mph.

Had a fun President's Day and great weather. *Hope to see all the other from Del Valle. 8)

padrino
02-20-2006, 06:33 PM
fire trout it was nice to say hey on the radio. i trolled around the launch area a bit real shallow ( 4' down) then headed for the dam. i trolled there for a while and picked up a nice king @ 50' on a slow rolled shad. 18.5" and 2 lbs 3 oz. couldn't find any more, so will need to make more rice for dinner and we'll have to share the salmon.

kevin 'padrino'

p.s. i posted fotos on anglernet. i don't have a foto sharing account anyplace.

68merc
02-20-2006, 07:02 PM
FireTrout,
How far is DelValle from the Lovermore Costco? I have a meeting there on the 2nd of March. I am looking for a place to fish after the meeting.

p.s. Love the pictures.

Klamdog
02-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Firetrout,
Thanks! Great pictures, and report! Fireminnow reminds me of my son! They would have a great time on the water together! If I ever see you out there, we could stick them on one boat, and we could take off in the other, and finally get to boat one ourselves, instead of handing the rod off! Not really, I love fishing with my son, and I'm sure you're the same! Anyways, wish I could have been out there today!

Big_D
02-20-2006, 07:47 PM
Firetrout,

I really enjoyed your photo's!

Fireminnow looked like he really had his hands full with that nice Rainbow.
Very cool ;D

Big D

fishmaster
02-20-2006, 08:05 PM
way to go fireminnow. nice to meet you fire trout. the trolling today was quite a bit slower than yesterday. we had enough takers to fill all three limits just couldnt latch on to them good enough to bringem' home. landed 6 trout to 4.5lbs. looks like bait was the way to go today. we'll give it another go next weekend.
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/medium/100_0512.JPG

firetrout
02-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Padrino, Nice to chat with and was trying to reach you down at the dam, but I had no response. Was hoping to hear you doing well. I'm surprised to see fish hitting at 50 ft down, I should try deeper. I topline my lures at this time of year. I have to experiment. ::)

68Merc. I'm sure it was a misprint, Lovermore it's Livermore. ;) Del Valle is about 10 miles east of the 580 freeway take Vasco rd. south. I saw lots of boats coming in when I left at 3pm.

Fishmaster, Glad to meet you, What type Rapala were hitting best today?

One boat didgreat on white eggs/nightcrawler combo.

wifesathome
02-21-2006, 03:50 AM
Firetrout I just missed you I saw you heading tward the narrows when I entered in my pontoon must have been around 11 ish so I found kenfishinfool he said I just missed you oh well see ya next time. The day was uneventful for me just wasnt my day.
Its awsome to see people out there with there kids I think the main problem with todays kids is the parents plug them into playstation and never take them anywhere. Firetrout you are a model citizen ever bettering todays youth. good job looks like you guys had a good time.

hoghunter3
02-21-2006, 06:30 AM
Great picture of the "Capt" and the pup. Glad you had such a good day

ken_fishnfool
02-21-2006, 08:05 AM
It was nice to meet a fellow sniffer on a good day at the lake! You have one sweeeeet boat! I love the pic of fireminnow doing the HH3 grimace.
We ended up scratching out a huge limit (Amador size) with the best five between the two of us topping 23 pounds total :o !
A couple of LDR's of just as big and I call it an excellent day at D.V. (Not to mention all the medium sized ones that kept us busy :P)We couldn't find any concentration of fish but with the tubes it's easy to move around slow and pick off one here and there, and that's what happened for us. We did get a couple of bonus bass thrown in the mix to round out a fine day. I love this lake and was happy to see others doing good too!

Hope to see you and some more fellow sniffers out there again soon. ;D

wifesathome was handicapped with a new toy (I truly believe the fish can sense a new fishfinder opperator and run scared) but I know he will be getting into some more of those QUALITY fish at Del Valle! ;)

padrino
02-21-2006, 09:20 AM
looks like you all really killed the trout! this should be a great spring for del valle.

del valle is a great fishery and like a box of chocolates you never know what you're gonna get. i have caught trout, salmon, catfish (trolling), and stripers (undersized so far), largemouth, and a big bluegill while baitfishing. my buddy caught a small mouth trolling last year, and lost a real big striper on his kokanee/trout setup, the theing peeled off about 100 yards of line and then snapped it off.

hopefully the kokes that were planted will hide from the stripers long enough to get big, if they don't make it, i'll be trolling herring to try get the well fed stripers.

kevin 'padrino'

firetrout
02-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Ken fishnfool,

Did you guys try the narrows at all. I'm headed there on Wed. with a neighbor. Any tricks for the bass? Did you use other baits than white?
Thanks,

ken_fishnfool
02-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Check your PM FireTrout.
The trout were also hitting yellow egg/rainbow PB combo.
Big Bill used what you did!

b0nk
02-22-2006, 06:46 AM
Awsome pics FT. Looks like you guys had a blast! Keep them coming!