PDA

View Full Version : Sunday at Camanche...

RUFKM
02-20-2006, 07:51 PM
I was lucky enough to hitch a ride with svtfish, Richard and we headed to Camanche. CLouds were overhead all day but we never were touched with any rain. We were on the water fishing by 7:45AM.

Richard caught three beautiful fiesty rainbows. Two were 18'' and the other was a nice pig at 22". I netted all three and I couldn't even catch a cold if I tried. I had a great time with Svtfish, and I hope to catch another ride soon. All three fish were caught near the damn on broken back rapala's. We threw the entire tackle box at those fish, grubs, kastmasters, needlefish, r-lure. We even tried around Hat Island, saw some big fish around 30 feet on the fish finder, but we couldn't entice any to bite. We fished from the 5-25 feet. Water temp was 53*.

I was thinking, this is the second time I went out fishing with a sniffer and both times I have been skunked...better luck next time.

Thanks again Richard.

skipper
02-20-2006, 08:40 PM
Nice report RUFKM. Don't give up, you'll score sooner or later. I've had a few of those kinds of experiences myself at Camanche. ??? ??? Hope you have better luck next time. ----fish hawk

SuperDave
02-20-2006, 09:38 PM
It is experiences like that, that drove me to swapping every fish with the other fishing partner. On a 3 fish day, there should be no skunks!

AllFishNoWork
02-21-2006, 03:28 AM
When I hitched with Oxbow, we put out 3 lines and took turns on hook-ups. Worked good for me, his poles kept gettin hit :D

RUFKM
02-21-2006, 08:36 AM
Hey I'm not complaining, I had a great time!

It still wouldn't be the same, I had a brand new fishing rod and wanted a fish really bad to come for a ride on it.