PDA

View Full Version : Bodega Help?

JimmyC
07-14-2008, 08:37 AM
I am going to Bodega this weekend to do some crabbing. I'd like to fish a bit also but my boat isn't that big. Vintage 14Ft Silverline.
Any suggestions for fishing in the harbor or would that be a waste? How about right outside the mouth of the channel?

Thanks in advance

Jimmy

triggerfish
07-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Jimmy, dungies are closed. so besure you know the difference. If you fish off the bodega Head,you will pick up some rockies,cabs. use small fhrimp flys,tipped with squid. you should get enough for dinner, don't expect anything giant. but you never know, I have seen a 30+# halibut come in right off of the breakwall.

JimmyC
07-14-2008, 08:47 AM
Thanks
Some friends were there yesterday and said the water was like glass. If that holds up(probably won't)I'll venture out a little bit more.

JC

seaduck
07-14-2008, 09:43 AM
You can also try trolling the channel for butts, just catch some bait over by the marina. Also try on the outside along the beach for butts they should be in any time. I would start out in front of the golf course. There were quit a few boats out on sunday outside of tomales fishing fro them

JimmyC
07-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the tips. I'll post an update when we get back.

JimmyC
07-22-2008, 07:00 AM
Skunked!!
We did catch 20 or so crab. I am a complete rookie when it comes to saltwater so maybe it was me.

JC