PDA

View Full Version : McClure Report-2/11/06

Viking
02-12-2006, 12:35 PM
Took my son up to McClure on Sat. Stopped at local store past Snelling to pick up some night crawlers and owner said they were catching them all over the main lake at about 20' using Wedding Rings/crawlers or Needelfish and from the bank with nightcrawlers under a bobber. Stuck with original plan and headed up to Babgy. Started trolling about 9:00am below the Hwy. 49 bridge slow rolling shad. Marked lots of fish from the surface down to about 30'. No strikes on the shad. Switched to wedding rings/crawlers. No luck. Tried Apexes with dodgers. No luck. Talked to a couple of other boats that either had little or no luck. Decided to head back to the main lake and trolled around the islands and dam. Couldn't even mark fish. They may have been up shallow close to banks. Talked to one boat with four poles out. They had caught three kokanee, but no trout. Had to get my son home to his wife, so quit at 1:30pm.

Beautiful warm day, but so much for the hot fishing reports. I guess I can blame the poor catchin' on the full moon, but the skunks the last three trips out are starting to shake my confidence.

Viking

fishpuppy
02-12-2006, 03:05 PM
not good news. I am heading up there tomorrow for my first time. Everyone has been talking how great its been for both numbers and size.

were you longlining, downgiggers or lead core?

hopefully thing will change tommorrow. I wasnt too worried about the full moon, but maybe I should be?

I plan on launching at Barret Cove and fishing the main lake. Reports I have heard said that fish are shallow and close to shore.

I guess we will see. I 'll repot back, hopefull ywith better news.

fishpuppy
02-12-2006, 03:08 PM
also... wasnt aware that McClure had Kokanee. Did you ask what they caught them on? I wouldnt mind a few of those tasty guys :)

padrino
02-13-2006, 01:00 PM
they were probably kings not kokanee :D

kevin 'padrino'