PDA

View Full Version : Bodega Fest 7-12-08

fish_junky
07-13-2008, 03:32 PM
* * * * *Left the house around 3 am and met up with Ric1Ric and Hilda at Westside around 6:30. Launched the boat along side Seaduck which had motor problems so I asked him to join us. The 4 of us ran 25.3 miles north up around Salt Point. The bite was slow to begin but increased to a rapid pace. Ended up finding big schools of blues and blacks to fill our limits. 40 rock fish by noon. All blacks and blues with the biggest ones around 2 lbs. The drift was very fast and had to use 1 lb weights to get down to the bottom. Red feather jigs seamed to be best.

*Just want to also thanks to my crew for the great company and a fun day on the big pond. *:)

Fort_Bragger
07-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Kevin:

I have the gps numbers for the best Ling spot I know anywhere. *If I knew you were going that far north, I would have called you. *It's just a couple of miles north of the top end of Salt Point. *Anyway, it sounds like you did ok without them. *WTG.

Kneedeep
07-13-2008, 10:16 PM
Good job Kevin, when Rick told me he was riding with you, he also stated that you always catch fish where ever you go. I replied with, Yep Kevin is a hell of a fisherman. I also know your just a good guy all around. I bet Sea Duck can attest to that first hand. Beth told me you were feeling a little under the weather today, do they have jello shots at Bodega? ;) What ever the cause, I hope you feeling better.

fishenrick
07-13-2008, 10:39 PM
It was good seeing you again,see ya at the next one

seaduck
07-14-2008, 08:17 AM
Yes i can attest too it first hand, that if you get the chance to fish with fish junky he will put you on the fish, after that it is up to you to get them into the boat. Thanks again Kevin for the great trip. I was able to put 1 30 inch ling and 6 rock fish on board sunday am before the wife and nephew got a little sick fishing a little south of bird rock in about 80 - 100 ft caught the ling on the bait from fishenrick and everything else on swim baits with only 4ozs. almost no drift at all what a differance a day makes.

loose_goose
07-15-2008, 05:01 PM
:) :) Great report guys, Kevin is a hell of a fisherman and if ya get a chance to ride with him........bring your MAN-BRA........LOL he rides hard but gets back safe............good job FJ
Marty

fish_junky
07-16-2008, 06:03 AM
bring your MAN-BRA........LOL

That right, Don't leave home with out it. *;D
* *Marty Very Funny! *;D

THE_TROUTKING
07-16-2008, 08:25 AM
I'm glad you guys had a good time I wasn't able to make it because I was up on a annual camping and fishing trip at McCloud but I got into at least 10 trout per day for 6 days :).
Brian

ric1ric
07-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Just got home today, it was a nice week to be there, the days just got nicer and nicer.
Thank you Kevin, Hilda and I had a great time. Hilda told eveyone how much fun she had, and about the whale.
Kevin is a top notch capitain and a pleasure to fish with Thanks again. Hope you are feeling better.
We made fish tacos, and Gypsy BBQed oysters Saturday night for our mini Fest. We sure missed all our Sniffer friends that decided not to come. We went from having every campsite at westside to three. We did our best to carry on, but it just wasn't the same.