PDA

View Full Version : pyramid 1/20 - 1/22

kayakkid
12-27-2005, 08:35 PM
Couple of us kayakers are going to be on the lake the weekend of january 20th. If any sniffers are out stop by and say hi. We will be crashing at crosby's lodge.

-kayakkid

CHICKFISHING58
12-27-2005, 09:15 PM
Couple of us kayakers are going to be on the lake the weekend of january 20th. If any sniffers are out stop by and say hi. We will be crashing at crosby's lodge.
-kayakkid
Be safe out there a few years back there was a guy in a canoe that didn't make it back have fun its a great lake

kayakkid
12-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the warning. Our kayaks are superior to canoes for stability and rough water handling, but i can assure you that we'll working on emptying the ice chests if the wind comes up. The group going are very experienced with mostly ocean conditions, we keep on safely fishing because we know when to sit it out.

-kayakkid

drstressor
12-28-2005, 11:25 AM
You guys should have a lot of fun if the weather cooperates. The bigger fish in close to shore are very boat/engine shy. I've often wondered how trolling from a canoe or a kayak might work out. I would suggest slow trolling large woolly buggers with fly rods. You should be able to target the same fish that the guys on ladders are after, but you'll be able to cover a lot more territory.

BITE_ME_II
12-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Just to clarify !! The man that they assumed drowned, (never recovered his body) was in a Kayak, when the Kayak was found it had all of his personal gear still tied in and on his Kayak , including his life jacket that was tied down, and not on him, the only thing missing was him.

He had young children that are patience of my wife, and they will never get over it. He would have been alive or at least found if he had been wearing a life jacket of some kind.

BITE ME II
8) 8)

kayakkid
12-28-2005, 02:40 PM
I usually wear a wetsuit and always wear my lifevest. My lifejacket is just something i feel naked with out while on the water.

Hope for calm seas and a clear sky, but be prepared for a hurricane.

-kayakkid