PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid – Cold & Slow 12/19

Just_A_Hooker
12-20-2005, 07:57 AM
We foolishly made our way out to Pyramid on Sunday thinking today is the day world records are caught while disregarding Mother Nature. There seemed to be overwhelming looks of “good luck dummies” by the people we passed heading out. The waves were unbelievable and snow was still coming down which quickly turned to rain. There was however two brave guys who managed to launch, how I’ll never know. No fishing today! Monday the 19th we did manage to get out and only picked up five fish trolling and jigging. We stayed on the north side using flatfish and lyman’s (dark and bright) running depths anywhere from 10-20 feet. Since there we no boats we tried working the shores in and out versus trolling parallel but the bite just wasn’t there. Rough water but turned out to be a decent day. Might get out there Friday.

ifish4fun
12-20-2005, 06:23 PM
good luck and be safe out there

millertime
12-21-2005, 09:29 PM
where is pyramid located

Dennis
12-21-2005, 09:35 PM
Pyramid is located about 35 miles out of Sparks (Reno) Nevada.

freon
12-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Millertime, it is a very large and dangerous lake, if your thinking of heading out to it, check with a lot of the sniffers first, especially doc, bite me II and Mickey as they have a lot of experience on this lake. They hold a couple of fests at this lake each year, if you have an interest in it, you should go to this and they will teach you all you want to know.

millertime
12-21-2005, 10:06 PM
na i dont sound intrested in driving 2 hours just for a half day trip

Desert_Rat
12-22-2005, 02:37 PM
It's agreat lake to fish wheather you flip spoons from the bank , fly fish or troll and well worth the trip. I try to make it at least once a week.

flatcom
12-22-2005, 04:25 PM
has anyone stayed at crosbys lodge? the website looks nice but i want to get the lowdown from someone who has stayed there. thinking of taking the family. thanks for the info

Mickey_Thomas
12-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Crosby's has old but clean cabins, some with kitchens some without. They also rent trailers for family's that have everything you might need to be comfortable. IF you are bringing kids you might want to bring a TV or DVD player for the kids ;) Weekends they fill up faster, during the week usually you can get a room. Nothing fancy, but comfy, yes I've stayed there many times 8)

Big_Country
12-23-2005, 11:55 AM
I'll second Mickey's point. I've stayed at Crosby's a half dozen times now. Very basic and very comfortable. Bring a laptop if you have one or a DVD player. Kids will appreciate it. So will you.

BC

Mr_Ed
12-23-2005, 06:57 PM
"MAKE A HOLE"!! Duck season is over for me and I am going to get my feet & boat wet again!! Lets see, oh yea, something bigger than 11 pounds and 8 ounces...Right on, see you guys later....You to Beth...ha ha ha.

Truttaholic
12-23-2005, 08:57 PM
na i dont sound intrested in driving 2 hours just for a half day trip
Yeah 2-hours is tough, This makes my 8-hours seem like weeks. Try staying 3/4 day or overnite *G* wish I only had 4-hours of drive time. Glad to hear a little more on the facilities at Crosby Lodge! like which is the best cabin or trailer for 4-7 adults ? I have only 9-day's on this lake for 3-trips & will be there soon ! Who thought a ladder would ever be used for Fishing (fly fishing) gotta love it. Trutta

Big_Country
12-23-2005, 10:59 PM
Trutta - get one of the trailers out back at Crosbys -- #7,8 or 9. Those each have 7 singles in them, full kitchen, two baths. Comfortable, no frills, perfect for the fishing party.

Truttaholic
12-24-2005, 04:32 PM
Trutta - get one of the trailers out back at Crosbys -- #7,8 or 9. *Those each have 7 singles in them, full kitchen, two baths. *Comfortable, no frills, perfect for the fishing party.
Hey Big C- thats the info I was lookin for -many thanks ;D Truttaholic

CHICKFISHING58
12-27-2005, 08:15 AM
"MAKE A HOLE"!! *Duck season is over for me and I am going to get my feet & boat wet again!! * Lets see, oh yea, something bigger than 11 pounds and 8 ounces...Right on, see you guys later....You to Beth...ha *ha * ha.
Mr. Ed,
Now I know your a big guy but don’t forget I'll throw you off the dock ;D
Remember guys if it’s too bad to launch do shore fishing that way you don’t waste the day ;)