PDA

View Full Version : Butt fish the bay with friends

flatliner
07-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Fished 9th, with friend Ted, and his cousin Bob and we got 5 Halibut from 9 to 18 lbs. and Bob wanted a shark or two so I had to leave the Hali's and go sharkin. Anchored up and didn't take long. Had two midshipment out, and left one butt line out with live anchovie on and see what happens. Well anchovie line goes off and never stopped it.
Rerigged and same thing. So I put steel leader with Anchovie and different results. Well line goes off and keeps goin. Took awhile but Ted finally gets it to the boat. A 5ft 8in Soupfin. Managed too get a couple of Lepeords and call it a day. :-X
Captain Ken and his Family came down from the hills to fish the 10th, and 11th with me and you can get the info from his post with pics.
All In All it was a great 3 days of fishing.
Got boarded by fish and game on 10th, and they were very friendly indeed, Even told us we were kicking everyone that they have boardeds butts. That felt nice with Ken and Family with me. All was in order and they were off. ;D ;D

jdecker
07-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Where do you anchor up for sharks? Bay Bridge?

Capt.Ken
07-12-2008, 03:27 PM
[smiley=captjack.gif] You are the Man!!! for putting us on the butts. Thanks!!!! [smiley=cheers.gif] [smiley=dankk2.gif] [smiley=clap.gif]
Mrs. Capt. Ken

flatliner
07-12-2008, 05:37 PM
yes Kicker we were near the bridge although there are alot of shark in the bay right now so get near the channel and get ready :D