PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Fest at Amador 12-20

Troutcoach
12-21-2005, 10:39 AM
What a perfect day. The weather was absolutley beautiful. The fishing was fantastic. Got to meet some more sniffers on the water. Saw HH3, Fish4fun, Dennis, and I think Trackertundra. I took my father-in-law out for some fishing and the lake was on fire. We caught a total of 18 fish between us and had numerous LDRs. The hot set up for us was a power grub (pearl) about 150 feet out with no weight. Here are some pics.

Here we are with our take home.

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/3277/1220amador0023gk.jpg

Here's HH3 and his buddys. They were knocking them dead to.
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6794/1220amador0015rb.jpg

Me and the fishies.
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/3232/1220amador0033km.jpg

Action photo.

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/268/1220amador0065ec.jpg

It was an AWESOME day on the water! Just about every boat we passed was full of smiling faces.

troutfan
12-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Nice fishies! Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

Troutcoach
12-21-2005, 11:05 AM
There in the smoker right now. It'll be a nice appetizer for Christmas.

fishingfoolr
12-21-2005, 11:55 AM
I fished with my friend Brandon in his new drift boat trolling gold cast masters and caught about 15 also and had several ldrs also great day. saw you guys several times looked like you were having fun also not to bad of a day and only had 1 guy cut behind us and cut our lines all in all good day for as many boats that were on the lake.

robert_long
12-21-2005, 12:06 PM
Glad to see the power grubs are still hot at Amador.
Hope to fish there Monday.
* Robert

Big Ken
12-21-2005, 04:07 PM
fishingfoolr sorry to hear about your lines but that was me & lets get the story strait..YOU CUT IN FRONT OF ME..I was halfway through my turn before you came blowing through there. I even put the boat in reverse to try to keep from interfering with your lines. I try to be courtious & I understand about getting your lines cut but it gets a frustrating >:( when people do whatever THEY want & expect other people to watch out for them. I troll in the same direction & leave 150 feet behind other boats..SORRY I just had to try set the record strait.

fishnphool

freon
12-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Uh oh, sounds like a donut war coming on ;D
excellent pics and report tc, sounds like everyone had a great day out there, I just love it when you cant beat them off of your hook.
Fishnphool, how many did you catch?
Freon

Big Ken
12-21-2005, 06:42 PM
I only end up with 3. I had 4 LDR's one REAL nice one right at the boat & alot of misses..oh well will get them next time. Had a nice day on the water though..Did i read right that your going to try to get out there the week after x-mas? Hope to get out there then also. Let me know what days.

millertime
12-21-2005, 06:48 PM
yeah sounds like fun im going on friday with my son. hey where is the best place I can fish I haven't been their for over two months ???

motherlodefishn
12-21-2005, 06:58 PM
Nice job, Nice fish and excellent pics. ;D
What speed were you trolling?

Regards,

MLF

Troutcoach
12-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Millertime- *Check out Chapa's report from a few days ago. *He included a real nice map of where he caught his fish. *Good luck.

millertime
12-21-2005, 07:04 PM
oh ok thanks.

millertime

millertime
12-21-2005, 07:06 PM
I also would like how deep are u guys fishn ???

Big Ken
12-21-2005, 07:19 PM
right on top...to my knowledge everybody caugnt there fish Toplining..hope this helps Powermouse in chartruse & Power grubs in pearl white & orange seemed to be the hot tkt.

millertime
12-21-2005, 07:26 PM
hey any recent reports on camanche

millertime
12-21-2005, 07:54 PM
well it looks like im going friday with my son

freon
12-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Hey millertime, for a good comanche report, ask Dennis, he has been nailing them there, he never got so many fish at one time, I think he got one last time out and two the time before that ;D ;D
Hey Dennis, you have been iced ;D
Freon

Dennis
12-21-2005, 08:31 PM
Camanche can be a really great lake especially on the weekends. Just after turnover the lake was red hot last year. I took home a seven pound rainbow out of causeway cove. Caught it on a white grub, 180' behind the boat.

It's just a few minutes closer to home and the price is a little easier. I took a couple of guys out there and we all limited out.

freon
12-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Dennis, while I have fished the little pond a lot and the big one a bunch, I have never tried to troll repeatedly at that lake, mostly due to the fact it has some kind of worm that attaches itself to the trout. Did they get rid of those things and does it produce when it is hot like amador?
sort of sounds like it from your report.
thanks,

millertime
12-21-2005, 09:03 PM
freon did u fish the south pond

Dennis
12-21-2005, 09:15 PM
No it's not planted as heavily as Amador so it really can't produce the same amount of fish. I've caught some with the copepods on them but during the winter few have the little parasite. Sure wish they'd find a way to get rid of them at both Camanche and Berryessa.

millertime
12-21-2005, 09:17 PM
hey dennis on the power grubs do u use any weight ???

millertime
12-21-2005, 09:21 PM
also do u use any wieght on the powermouse

Dennis
12-21-2005, 09:24 PM
No weight. At Amador the fish like the presentation right on the surface. I've used a small split shot but it's not necessary. Later in the day or later in the year you can start to drop down to 4' then 10' but right now no weight is best.

freon
12-21-2005, 09:29 PM
Millertime, I have fished the southpond a bunch of times, usually when I took my kids out, they liked it there cuz you usually caught some pretty quick and I always saw a big one there landed by someone.

millertime
12-21-2005, 09:31 PM
yeah i go to that pond a lot.but flyfish out of a float tube an pretty good.

fishingfoolr
12-23-2005, 05:42 PM
fishingfoolr sorry to hear about your lines but that was me & lets get the story strait..YOU CUT IN FRONT OF ME..I was halfway through my turn before you came blowing through there. I even put the boat in reverse to try to keep from interfering with your lines. I try to be courtious & I understand about getting your lines cut but it gets a frustrating >:( when people do whatever THEY want & expect other people to watch out for them. I troll in the same direction & leave 150 feet behind other boats..SORRY I just had to try set the record strait.

fishnphool

hey fishnphool I am not looking for an apology don't worry things happen. but let's be real blowing by at a whole 1.5mph if you ran over my lines how did i cut infront of you we are both traveling in the same direction you turn your boat as we are going by and turn in behind me sounds like you may want to rethink your thought process when it comes to what you consider boating around doing what we want. oh by the way landed 15 fish that day had a great time maybe we will see each other again and have a fish off to set it to rest......

sushimaker
12-23-2005, 06:23 PM
as usual, u boaties killed 'em out there. any bankies out there and how were they doin? can we bankies really cast them grubs, say from the docks? i threw some rap j5/j7s from the docks last time, only they got me 3 hookups but alot more fun than pwrbait (to me aleast). ;D can you guys edu-macate me on how i would setup a grub?

Dennis
12-23-2005, 06:36 PM
song214,

Put on a clear casting bubble and fill it partly with water, then tie on a snap swivel. Use a 18" to 24" leader and then a #2 worm hook. Thread the grub on the same way you'd put on a night crawler. The hook should be in line with the curly part of the tail. Bend the shank of the hook slightly to one side. This causes the grub to roll a little bit. Cast out, take out some of the slack and wait for the ripples to fade. Then start a slow retrieve. Try different speeds and even pausing every few seconds. If you find a retrieve that works just repeat. ;)

Hope that helps

fishingfoolr
12-23-2005, 07:25 PM
song214 i fish from the bank up there alot also try a gold cast master 1/8oz or 1/4oz with some light line so you can cast it out pretty far all the fish we caught and hooked came off cast masters. you can cover alot of ground and vary presentations. just an idea..