PDA

View Full Version : Tahoe 12-19

SierraSkier
12-19-2005, 07:37 PM
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/medium/Tahoe_Bow_12-05.jpg

This is my biggest Tahoe bow. I would have released, but my stinger hook got a gill. He weighed about 3.5lbs. The bite was hot today, and probably for the next several days.

Mickey_Thomas
12-19-2005, 07:39 PM
Nice fishy ;D

SierraSkier
12-19-2005, 07:40 PM
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/medium/Tahoe_bow_and_brown_12-05.jpg

These came from Emerald Bay today.

Weez
12-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Nice fish Skier! Check your private messages on this board.

Mako
12-19-2005, 10:12 PM
Looks like Meeks. Can you launch using the ramp right now ?

troutfan
12-20-2005, 02:19 AM
Got to love that lake! Nice pics! I hope to get back out there soon.

fishdude76
12-20-2005, 08:34 AM
Those are some nice bows there SS. Since you kept them what and how much was in their bellies?

SierraSkier
12-20-2005, 09:06 AM
Fishdude, that is indeed the question. I have kept probably 10 fish (bows and browns) over the last month, 9 had meat the color of salmon and crawdaddies in their stomachs. I kept one bow with white meat that had minnows in its gut. I caught that one over at Deadmans.

I am not using the right bait. Its not the big crawdads either, they like the small ones. Smaller than I usually catch in my minnow trap.

The pic is at the TRCD parking lot, the old Forest Service building, they have a camara I can use. I launch from Camp Rich, and hug the shore over to Emerald. Between Emerald and Cascade I can find safe waters. I was planning on having to beach and camp out on one of these trips, but the wave gods have been kind. I think taking my bivy sack and bag has kept the waves at bay.

I dont know if Meeks is open, Camp Rich is closed of course. The Beacon weighed my fishie for me though.

fishdude76
12-20-2005, 09:18 AM
Yeah I think those craws make the meat taste good.

So on these bows you just caught they were filled with craws? I'm trying to figure out if the storm started on Saturday and you went on Monday that is 2-3 days depending on how you look at it. Did they stop eating from Sat til Mon, then gorged themselves on Mon or did the weather and pressure have no affect on them and there was a steady bite over those days?

Mako
12-20-2005, 09:36 AM
Where is the closest launch to Emerald on the West side now, Obexors ?

SierraSkier
12-20-2005, 09:50 AM
Fishdude, Saturday and yesterday were red hot bites. I seem to do really well when there is a southwest flow, and rain/snow. On Saturday the bite was dead until the snow started, then it went red hot and I caught about 6 fish including a mack that went well over 5lbs and two nice browns that LDRed. You know how the winds are howling, but from many directions so the waves never kick up? Then the rain/snow starts and the winds die. Thats when I am catching. It is wet and cold fishing for sure.

SierraSkier
12-20-2005, 09:59 AM
Mako I just did some calling around. Obexers says they are open, but no answer, Meeks is closed. Cave may be the best bet.

Mako
12-21-2005, 01:20 PM
I think Obexors is always open. Is Tahoe Keys open through the winter?