PDA

View Full Version : Tahoe 12-17 with Fishmagnet!

troutfan
12-17-2005, 02:07 PM
We toplined Rapalas from Cave Rock to Deadman Point. *I got a Mack(9.3lb.) on Mike's Custom painted(Heavy on the red)F18 Rainbow Rapala, *Mike got a nice four lb. Brown, which he released. *Just as we were leaving at 11:30 am it started to whitecap and the snow started moving in. *We had 2-3ft. rollers all day. *Thanks for the trip Mike, I really enjoyed catching that Mack! * ;D

striper_assasin
12-17-2005, 02:37 PM
no pics? :(

troutfan
12-17-2005, 02:49 PM
No sorry we forgot the camera!http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/8033/wallbash8oj7xp.gif

fishmagnet
12-17-2005, 05:54 PM
Tony
* We Had a great time. It was very exciting catching my first Tahoe brown!

SierraSkier
12-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Congrats Fishmagnet, the first is the toughest for sure. *Troutfan, one of these days we are actually going to meet. *I was on the west side, and there was no fullmoonitis near Emerald either. *Landed a 2lb bow, and three macks, one over 6lbs. *I had two browns that were really nice, one LDRed at the boat, the other was hooked better, but a little poor netsmanship took care of that. *It was beautiful on the water, had to duck into land a couple times, but as soon as the snow started the winds calmed. *I never got a single hit on a lure today, funny, last week couldnt catch a thing on a minnow.

Thanks for releasing your nice brown!

troutfan
12-18-2005, 08:49 AM
I'm sure we'll cross paths soon SierraSkier. *It sounds like you got that Tahoe thing down.*I'll venture to guess that the Cave Rock dock has atleast 12" of snow on it today. *I'm glad that we hit Tahoe yesterday because we have six inches of snow down in the valley at 8:00 am and it doesn't seem to be done yet...
Love that white stuff! http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3387/cold2em8qh.gif

SierraSkier
12-18-2005, 09:54 AM
Ditto on getting out yesterday, think I am taking the dogs out for a ski today. TahoeJeff and I met up at 5AM, but the ramps were just 6 inches of snowy slushy mess. We could have launched, getting his boat back out would have been interesting.

There is a minnow trap at Eagle Point with a gallon Crystal Springs jug as a buoy. Its in about 20 feet of water. I am going to retrieve the trap by Wednesday, but if anyone wants minnows, they are waiting.