PDA

View Full Version : Amador advice

Know_Excuses
12-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Hi Guys, I'm taking my little girl to amador tomorrow and we will be bank fihsing.I'm gonna use the powermouse ;DMy question, is it still hot off the dock or should I try the damn or the spill way.Or does it not matter and the fish are going to practicaly put themselves on my stringer ;DI dont care about catching limits I just want my daughter to catch some fish ;DAlthough limits would be nice 8) 8)
Oh Yea what time do they open the gate??

Thanks
Mike

sunracer1957
12-13-2005, 03:47 PM
Know

The dam area is good and if you look at some of the prior post you'll see where they have been banging them.. we went up at 6:00 and they were open Im not sure if earlier than that,, besides powermouse don't forget worms.. green was the hot color over the weekend. you also might try throwing a red and black rapala around you never know..

marine47
12-13-2005, 04:52 PM
when i went last sat we were trolling just power eggs in yellow and orange, i am sure of you casted those off of the bank they would work just the same, good luck

partner
12-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Saturday, JW and I saw two guys on a point across the lake from the marina. They were banging the fish...fishing a orange poweregg followed by a crawler...tight lining off the bottom on the point!! We saw them with double hookups at least three times!!Good luck

partner

kubfish
12-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Hey KE, I may be doing the same, I will be in a Brownish Green Explorer. I was debating on taking my boat but my LG is only 3 and she hasn't been out yet so I think tomorrow will be shore action.

Amador is my JINX breaker lake, have been fishing last 2 weekends with no fish and my rule is always go to Amador to break the streak.

I would just suggest floating some PB, I am not sure your LG is going to want to work the rod/reel with a powermouse. PB does the trick, usually orange early and when it gets light hit the chartru.

Hopefully it will not be packed I haven't been there in over a year.

wormdragger
12-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Know_Excuses.......I suggest the north side of the lake at the spillway, not the dam. The dam might be hard on a small child. The spillway area is easy to walk. I was at this spot on Sunday and did well. Go to the spillway and park on the point. Walk to your right toward the dam and fish off of the point. I used a orange powerworm and caught 5. One powerworm for all five! God bless the powerworm! :o All you need is a line,clear water filled bobber and a hook. I kept the hook at about 36 in. from the bobber. Cast out as far as you can and reel it back to shore slow. A bit of wind on the water helps, the bite was better with the wind. The fish are suicidal and will take the bait!Have fun with your daughter, hope she gets a limit! ;D.......steve

kubfish
12-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Change -o- plans

LG wants to stay at home so I gotta snag one of my boys out of school.

14' boat with the stars, holla if you see me. Bring 2 life jackets and I will cram you both in the boat!

Know_Excuses
12-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Thanks everyone you guys rock!!Koob looks like my plans changed also and I'm gonna go Thursday instead of tomorrow.I know how you feel I am going to amador to get this skunk off my back as well ;D ;D Hey partner that spot yout talking about is my old favorite spot ;D ;DI havnt been to amador in about 2 years though, I'm glad to see its still a good spot ;D

PlugROCKSTAR
12-13-2005, 07:07 PM
psssttt, Roe... off the bank ;)

freon
12-13-2005, 07:29 PM
One of the key things to remember off of the bank is to make some kind of movement with the bait, with movement, you will get more hits, sitting still you will still get hits, but no where near as many.

Mako
12-14-2005, 11:34 AM
What is the cost to fish and launch at Amador these days. I haven't been there in about 15 years

robert_long
12-14-2005, 01:14 PM
For one fisherman in a boat it it $22.00. He lets my dog in for free.
* Robert

RonM
12-14-2005, 01:24 PM
I think they break it down to:

8.00 Per Person Fishing
9.00 Per Vehicle up to 2 people
1.00 Per Extra Person
7.00 Per Boat

partner
12-14-2005, 02:07 PM
JW and I were charged $32 bucks to launch! The way I figured it was go fishing or buy a Christmas tree...You know that potted artichoke plant doesn't look half bad with lights and ornaments on it!!

partner

Mako
12-14-2005, 02:53 PM
That will pay for my gas up to Tahoe and back,