PDA

View Full Version : Amador  12-11 trout

robert_long
12-12-2005, 06:33 AM
Another great day catching those awesom trout. Used power tubes, slow troll, to pick up the fish. Water temp 54 degrees. Stayed in the main body of the lake, but picked most of the fish about six hundred feet from the dammm.
Turned on the radio for some sounds and found the comedy
station,one intercection, eight penalties, no catches for Moss and this was the first half, boy what a team.

Robert

YakMotor
12-12-2005, 01:26 PM
"Power tube" ??? Is this product off the shelf or a new creative use of existing stuff like the "power mouse"?

SuperDave
12-12-2005, 01:34 PM
http://www.berkley-fishing.com/products/PreDetail.cfm?PassPrevious=1113&PassCategoryStruct ureId=1174&PassLevel=3

What colors do you like?

YakMotor
12-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Color? I had no idea this "Power" stuff comes in so many forms, sizes, shapes, and flavors. Dang, as a guy who grew up dangling Pot-ski's (sp?) eggs in pocket water for trout I have over time observed tackle store shelf space being taken over by this pasty stuff, but now after checking out the website I see I've been way outta touch! While I'm an old fart trying to keep an open mind to new technology sometimes tradition is hard to set aside. But, if they come up with one that looks, smells, tastes, and swims like Pamela Anderson they'll have a customer for life! ;D

robert_long
12-12-2005, 02:49 PM
Power tubes are great at Amador. Hinrid, right on the link.
I use the 1 inch size in chartreuse or orange trolled very slow. I also zig zag around to change the speed and when they nibble I slow down then speed up...FISH ON..
Just finished smoking the trout for the guys here at work
and in went bye bye like candy.

Robert

Eric_csus14
12-12-2005, 07:08 PM
How do you rig those power tubes and do you put attractant or bait inside the tube as that website suggests? Thanks guys, lookin to try something new

freon
12-12-2005, 08:03 PM
Robert, glad to see you hooking in to them and yes they sure do fight hard. Tubes are the one bait I havent tried out there, might have to get a few, but I generally do real well anyways, but if I can get even more hits, I am game ;D
How many did you end up with and what was your biggest?

robert_long
12-13-2005, 07:00 AM
Eric I just push the head of the tube on the sharp end of the hook and slide it around till it just covers the eye of the hook. Remember this is a one inch tube, very small
so I just put in some sauce that I have in a small cup.
Hi James, no big fish this time. Just the 2.5 lbs to
3.5lbs size. Picked up 6 or 7,kept 3 for the smoker and went home at noon, so your 10 pounder is safe. Another great day at Amador.
Robert

Reno_Hookers
12-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Robert, What size and type of hook do you use? Do you flat line or use downriggers? What length drop back? ???

RonM
12-13-2005, 06:37 PM
Reno, most people were top lining, we were using power eggs and night crawlers. I think PHM was using his Cannon downriggers at exactly 2 ft and had his limit too.

freon
12-13-2005, 07:34 PM
thanks for leaving the hefty one there for me Robert, I really appreciate that, got to get to it before HH3 does you know, as I will have a hard time with that phone call and yes I am sure it would be while I am working :-/
I sure would like to catch it around two in the morning just to pay back that phone call ;D

RonM
12-13-2005, 08:31 PM
thanks for leaving the hefty one there for me Robert, I really appreciate that, got to get to it before HH3 does you know, as I will have a hard time with that phone call and yes I am sure it would be while I am working :-/
I sure would like to catch it around two in the morning just to pay back that phone call ;D

Hey Freon,

I think Marine47 got a taste of your big one, as soon as he let his line out his rod went down hard and then the line snapped. His heart was pounding over the one that got away. :'(

marine47
12-13-2005, 08:40 PM
i sure wish i could have that one back

freon
12-13-2005, 09:39 PM
thats it, make it even harder for me to catch it, and I thought you were my buddies ;)
Those fish will really get my heart pumping too, the hardest is when you see them and know how big it is.

robert_long
12-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Hey Reno, I just match the hook to the tube. I troll about 80 feet back with just snap on the line. Also I stop at times and let the tubes sink a bit. Hopes this helps

Robert